Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CTVT KISS figures. Paint problems on Paul?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • noelani72
    27inaleon
    • Jun 25, 2002

CTVT KISS figures. Paint problems on Paul?

Typically I don't really care about quirks and stuff on these new lines.

But, the 12" KISS figs were a long time coming for me and to the tune of $60 a pop...well, I kinda want em nice.

I got a set of 12" figs from a great member here.
    Upon closer look when I got em, I noticed Paul's face had been touched up with a paintbrush at the factory.

There are three noticeable areas and a couple swipes of black on the nose.

Since I bought em 2nd Hand (unopened condition mind you) my bud is contacting CTVT to see if we can swap it out or at least split the cost of a replacement with me.

In the meantime, we bought a set of the 8" figs off of Amazon for our son's Birthday this week. They arrived last week and guess what, that Paul has touch up on his face too.

So thats two figs...from each line...with paintbrush touch-ups.
    Are my odds just that bad or is anyone else seeing this?

Peter, Gene, and Ace all look fine...
  • noelani72
    27inaleon
    • Jun 25, 2002

well, I guess this is a good thing...

61 reads over a few days and no one else has this problem?

Comment

• MIB41
      Eloquent Member
      • Sep 25, 2005

Yep! Just checked my eight inch Paul and he has touch ups on the forehead and left jaw area. Good catch. I'm okay with the fix on the 8-inchers because the price is about right. But on the steeply priced 12-inchers, I would be p*ssed off. That's alot of money for a 12 inch Mego that has a botched shot of paint on the face. If the factory can't do a better job than that, they need to lower the price because that's poor quality.

Comment

• noelani72
        27inaleon
        • Jun 25, 2002

well I have a contact number to call about it - but I have been holding off to see if the defect was isolated, or widespread.
        If widespread, the odds of me replacing my 12" Paul with another 12" Paul might be difficult unless it was hand-picked.

When I saw the defect on both Pauls - 8" and 12"...that made me think widespread.

Comment

• MIB41
          Eloquent Member
          • Sep 25, 2005

I agree. I would ask them if they can examine the figure before they send it to you to make sure these defects do not exist. It will be interesting to see if they can fulfill that request. I'm sorry for your situation. That is frustrating.

Comment

• Timothy2251
            Jerks beef with Ten Bears
            • Mar 15, 2008

I have some paint touch ups on my 8" Peter Criss figure, near the hairline on his forehead, and some tiny splotching on the Paul Stanley figure. No biggie, really - I can live with it.
            "It's sad that governments are chiefed by the double tongues. There is iron in your words of death for all Comanche to see, and so there is iron in your words of life. No signed paper can hold the iron. It must come from men. The words of Ten Bears carries the same iron of life and death. It is good that warriors such as we meet in the struggle of life... or death. It shall be life."

Comment

• jimsmegos
              Mego Dork
              • Nov 9, 2008

Originally posted by noelani72
              well I have a contact number to call about it - but I have been holding off to see if the defect was isolated, or widespread.
              If widespread, the odds of me replacing my 12" Paul with another 12" Paul might be difficult unless it was hand-picked.

When I saw the defect on both Pauls - 8" and 12"...that made me think widespread.
              when I contafcted the CTVT guys about the gimpy Ace I got they were quick to say they would replace him. I just didn't care to go through the hassle and offered him here where he has now found an accepting home..

Comment

• megomania
                Persistent Member
                • Jan 2, 2010

This morning I finally got a chance to really inspect my 8" KISS figures and attempt to get them out of the packaging as I purchased the custom boxes Anthony (Toyroom) has for sale. My Paul and Peter both have touch-ups on the face however Gene and ace look ok. I agree with Tom (MIB) - for the price, eh I can live with it.

As far as removing these guys from the clamshell - holy cow I really, really, really hope they change the packaging for future releases. To have them twist-tied behind the plastic body mold is insane. I was able to gingerly cut the tie off Ace's neck however I wasn't even going to mess around with the ones on his legs. Because I am putting them in boxes I ripped up the card to get them off but I really shouldn't have to do that. There has to be a better way - if they don't change the packaging I more than likely won't buy any more because I can't shell out another $45 for custom boxes every time. Anthony's boxes are sweet by the way.

-Chris

EDIT: Ace's hair seems way too long for being an 8" body....on mine it's almost down to his butt.

Comment

• toys2cool
                  Ultimate Mego Warrior
                  • Nov 27, 2006

that sucks, i'd have to check mine
                  "Time to nut up or shut up" -Tallahassee

http://ultimatewarriorcollection.webs.com/
                  My stuff on facebook Incompatible Browser | Facebook

Comment

• Mr Mego
                    Love to play with Megos
                    • Oct 19, 2003

I knew it but will checking an 8" KISS figs at local Comic Store to see if they still have them on stock for me.

Good thing is checking them in person looking at in which is one is better to buying them than online.
                    Wanted to buy pair original shoes for vintage WOZ Wizard

My Good Buyers/Sellers/Traders list in here.

Comment

• rche
                      channeling Bob Wills
                      • Mar 26, 2008

this works for the big guys and the little ones.

don't rip up your cards. Snip the band around the neck being careful to not cut too much hair. Then take the boots and leggings off of the figure while it is still attached to the card. Slide the figure up out of the leg bands. Replace the leggings and boots. And hey!!! you have your figures released and you can still mount and display them on the cards and clamshell if you want.

Originally posted by megomania
                      This morning I finally got a chance to really inspect my 8" KISS figures and attempt to get them out of the packaging as I purchased the custom boxes Anthony (Toyroom) has for sale. My Paul and Peter both have touch-ups on the face however Gene and ace look ok. I agree with Tom (MIB) - for the price, eh I can live with it.

As far as removing these guys from the clamshell - holy cow I really, really, really hope they change the packaging for future releases. To have them twist-tied behind the plastic body mold is insane. I was able to gingerly cut the tie off Ace's neck however I wasn't even going to mess around with the ones on his legs. Because I am putting them in boxes I ripped up the card to get them off but I really shouldn't have to do that. There has to be a better way - if they don't change the packaging I more than likely won't buy any more because I can't shell out another $45 for custom boxes every time. Anthony's boxes are sweet by the way.

-Chris

EDIT: Ace's hair seems way too long for being an 8" body....on mine it's almost down to his butt.

Comment

• megomania
                        Persistent Member
                        • Jan 2, 2010

Originally posted by rche
                        this works for the big guys and the little ones.

don't rip up your cards. Snip the band around the neck being careful to not cut too much hair. Then take the boots and leggings off of the figure while it is still attached to the card. Slide the figure up out of the leg bands. Replace the leggings and boots. And hey!!! you have your figures released and you can still mount and display them on the cards and clamshell if you want.

I have neither the time nor the patience Ripping up the cards doesnn't bug me because I bought the boxes. Although I discovered the 8inchers don't fit in Anthony's boxes so he has to redo them. I really shouldn't have to take their clothes off to remove them for display.

-Chris

Comment

• noelani72
                          27inaleon
                          • Jun 25, 2002

Not sure how we got off topic, but to update - I talked to CTVT and they will swap out my 12" Paul. They honestly hadn't looked as close as I did apparently and they aren't sure if the touch up paint is a wide spread issue.
                          I was gonna send mine off already, but needed it for display at Mego meet. Afterwards, I'll mail him off for replacement.

Comment

Working...
                          😀
                          🥰
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😡
                          👍
                          👎