X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dr_cyclops
    One eyed, wonder
    • Dec 17, 2009

Toy Manufacturer's blunders.

I guess not knowing what paint to use on softer plastics springs to mind. Mattel's Secret Wars Daredevil with enamel black paint detail that never dry and rub off even it the unopened package. I remember an early Toy Biz Namor who's black hair remained tacky. Who doesn't like a little extra poison with their toy?
    not to forget the overly glued and often overly painted McFarlane toys of the 90s. The defence, 'These toys are for collectors, not children.' didn't hold past the fact that many were broken sealed in package, and the complaints weren't coming from parents of sad children, they were coming from adult collectors.
  • thunderbolt
    Hi Ernie!!!
    • Feb 15, 2004

THe Famous Covers DR. Doom armor that is melting away even as we type. All the coated to look like pleather gloves/boots/shirts, etc on the FC and Dc9 lines that are falling apart.
    You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• wayne foundation 07
      Time to feed the cat
      • Dec 30, 2007

Originally posted by thunderbolt
      THe Famous Covers DR. Doom armor that is melting away even as we type. All the coated to look like pleather gloves/boots/shirts, etc on the FC and Dc9 lines that are falling apart.
      Must be that Florida heat, mines still okay

Comment

• thunderbolt
        Hi Ernie!!!
        • Feb 15, 2004

I've gotten some of these from other areas that were doing the same thing. Aquaman's shirt, Psylocke's pleather bits in particular. I just tossed the suits when they showed up like that. And they are in a/c here at the house, so I doubt its the heat.
        You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• spacecaps
          Second Mouse
          • Aug 24, 2011

How about the 2001 Harry Potter Dumbledore figure. Mattel packaged him with two right arms and just called it a day. They never bothered to reissue him with a corrected arm!
          "Many Shubs and Zuuls knew what it was to be roasted in the depths of the Sloar that day I can tell you."

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
            Verbose Member
            • Mar 7, 2004

I'm going to have to check my 9" Aquaman now!!! I had no idea.

These problems date back to the birth of action figures. Captain Action's plastic accessories react to the soft PVC holsters and boots, causing nasty melt marks.

Secret Wars Daredevil was a horribly produced figure. The flesh on his face quickly faded, exposing the red plastic underneath, leaving us a sunburned Man without Fear. And the black rubbed off as you say. Spidey's webbing did the same thing.

Chris
            sigpic

Comment

• dr_cyclops
              One eyed, wonder
              • Dec 17, 2009

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
              These problems date back to the birth of action figures. Captain Action's plastic accessories react to the soft PVC holsters and boots, causing nasty melt marks. Chris
              I always wondered what happen to those CA accessories. Thanks Chris.

Comment

Working...
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎