X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • spamn
    Minty and All-Original!
    • Mar 28, 2002

Cool micro accessory find.

So one halloween season around the turn of the millenium, I spotted these cool plastic coffins in the Aisles of my local Wal Mart. They came in a six pack with 3 different colors. It was only that year that they were there, and I've never found them anywhere else. But they fit Micronaut figures to a T.

I dream of finding more some day at some party favor or big box store, and I check every year, and every place I can think of. So far, nothing.

Check 'em out:

Last edited by spamn; Dec 29, '09, 3:35 PM. Reason: Restoring pictures.
  • kinostadt
    Veteran Member
    • Jul 14, 2004

Those are neat. I wonder if the Remco mini monster Drac would fit.

Comment

• danadoll
      Micronaut Nut!
      • Apr 11, 2005

I bought a package of those a dew years ago (in purple), but it wasn't at Walmart (I think it was a CVS). I used them for my custom 3 3/4 inch Munsters figures. I'll try to post a pic, when I'm able.

Dana

Originally posted by kinostadt
      Those are neat. I wonder if the Remco mini monster Drac would fit.
      I pretty sure he would.
      "Do you want a doll?" Kurt

Comment

• spamn
        Minty and All-Original!
        • Mar 28, 2002

Originally posted by danadoll
        I bought a package of those a dew years ago (in purple), but it wasn't at Walmart (I think it was a CVS). I used them for my custom 3 3/4 inch Munsters figures. I'll try to post a pic, when I'm able.
        Awesome. I'd love to see it, and you give me hope that I will find them again. I tried googling once, but 'plastic coffin' doesn't really narrow the field down enough.

Comment

• ctc
          Fear the monkeybat!
          • Aug 16, 2001

COOL!

A while back a Japanese collector's club did these little skeleton custom kits.... these would be perfect for one of those figures!

Now I just gotta find some coffins....

...and one of them skeleton guys....

*sigh*

Don C.

Comment

• Spooky
            • Oct 16, 2007

I remember there being a candy called "Mr. Bones" when I was little (late 70's/early 80's). It was hard candy that came in little coffins. The candy were in the shape of bones and you could construct a flattened version of a skeleton. The inside of the lid had a diagram molded into it. I can't remember exactly how big the coffins were, but they were at least pretty close to Micronaut size.

The same candy can be found around Halloween, but the "coffin" has changed to more of a regular box...and they are now made of clear plastic. :(

Comment

• Bo8a_Fett
              Pat Troughton in disguise
              • Nov 21, 2007

Yeah we got a few of those a couple of years ago in woolworths....the coffins are proberly still somewhere in the boys room somewhere...i'll have to dig them up...I mean out.
              ENGLISH AND DAMN PROUD OF IT British by birth....English by the grace of God. Yes Jamie...it is big isn't it....

Comment

• spamn
                Minty and All-Original!
                • Mar 28, 2002

Originally posted by Spooky
                I remember there being a candy called "Mr. Bones" when I was little (late 70's/early 80's). It was hard candy that came in little coffins. The candy were in the shape of bones and you could construct a flattened version of a skeleton. The inside of the lid had a diagram molded into it. I can't remember exactly how big the coffins were, but they were at least pretty close to Micronaut size.

The same candy can be found around Halloween, but the "coffin" has changed to more of a regular box...and they are now made of clear plastic. :(
                Yeah, I have a bunch of those too. They're a little bigger than these. At least bulkier, they may be the same height, just broader in the 'shoulder' area of the coffin. And they're two pieces, a lid and a coffin without a hinge.

I hate the raised skeleton on the lid, though.

Comment

• Drain
                  megos are yummy
                  • Jun 10, 2007

I have some those Mr Bones coffin from the early 80's but, mine are to small to put any 3.75 in. Not even a SW Jawa from the 70's
                  Mego Nudists Fish Nude Show Off your Rod.

Comment

• spamn
                    Minty and All-Original!
                    • Mar 28, 2002

Originally posted by Drain
                    I have some those Mr Bones coffin from the early 80's but, mine are to small to put any 3.75 in. Not even a SW Jawa from the 70's
                    Maybe the ones I have aren't Mr. Bones. The ones I have are clear colored plastic with a raised skeleton on the outside of the exterior lid. They held candy. Sorry, no pic. But they're definitely big enough to hold a 3.75 fig.

Comment

• Wee67
                      Museum Correspondent
                      • Apr 2, 2002

No candy, but the coffin-
                      Last edited by Wee67; Jan 30, '08, 1:40 PM.
                      WANTED - Solid-Boxed WGSH's, C.8 or better.

Comment

• spamn
                        Minty and All-Original!
                        • Mar 28, 2002

Nice, but not 4.99 nice.

Comment

• TrueDave
                          Toy Maker
                          • Jan 12, 2008

In the 70s I had Robots like this. I only had one Stormtrooper so I used those. They were black. Actually looked a lot like the Dr Who Giant Robot. The head and shoulders opened and the hands closed I dont remeber what the candy was shaped like.

Comment

• ctc
                            Fear the monkeybat!
                            • Aug 16, 2001

>In the 70s I had Robots like this.

Those rocked! AND they're tough to find these days. I remember them in a few colours. (Mine is green.)

Scroll down a bit:

Any new classic toy aquisitions? - Page 23 - Mego Talk

Don C.

Comment

Working...
                            😀
                            🥰
                            🤢
                            😎
                            😡
                            👍
                            👎