Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to repairs the Super Joe and Gor figures?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mr Mego
    Love to play with Megos
    • Oct 19, 2003

How to repairs the Super Joe and Gor figures?

My old friend gave me incomplete Super Joe figure body with gold light chest, black jumpsuit with gold lines and one boot. Also, I bought the Gor off ebay years ago.

Both of them are broken off tinny plastic chips. I glued the Gor's body, looks good but I dunno how to repairs the movement parts inside of Gor's body that has loosen parts.

I can't remember how to fixing the spring stuff, button, and the battery area.

The Joe figure has many broken body parts and on the back button for arm movement are broken but will fixing them.

I checked this board has Super Joe threads but it's all old and the sites and forums seems dead for about 4 years.

Check it out more pics - Super Joe Toys pictures by The_Mego_Mania - Photobucket

That Joe's gold chest is still in good working order

Last edited by Mr Mego; May 7, '12, 10:45 PM.
    Wanted to buy pair original shoes for vintage WOZ Wizard

My Good Buyers/Sellers/Traders list in here.
  • Mr Mego
    Love to play with Megos
    • Oct 19, 2003

Finished edited pics in my Photo Shop and uploaded into - Super Joe Toys pictures by The_Mego_Mania - Photobucket

Let me know how to fixing them, thanks for trying to helping me out with these figures.

BTW,

If it's impossible to fixing it's original Joe's 9" body, is Mego have 9"? or drmego have repro 9" body for the Joe figure?

I would like to modified him with outfit and accessories will looks very cool I think.
    Last edited by Mr Mego; May 7, '12, 4:29 PM.
    Wanted to buy pair original shoes for vintage WOZ Wizard

My Good Buyers/Sellers/Traders list in here.

Comment

• Neutron X
      Persistent Member
      • Dec 22, 2007

I think someone here restrings the Super Joes with elastic. You will need to find the missing parts and decide on replacement hands. Mego hands work and I think I have seen Zica hands work. Good Luck.
      If you just want figure to stand on shelf Hot Glue works and peels off without damaging plastic.

Comment

• mike69
        Museum Super Collector
        • May 4, 2011

I restrung mine by using small O rings and small nails for the pins. Of course, you have to drill holes in the arm and leg joints. I was going to try use elastic (the same way people do 12" Joe's) but, you have to cut the legs and arms in half along the seams.I was afraid that I would mess them up to much.Plus not to mention, it's pretty tough to cut them. As far as the hands I used Zica's.

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
          Muddling through
          • Oct 4, 2008

zica hands are a pefect fit, if craig still has them
          to repair SJ, you will have to have a drill, dremel and some know how. drill small holes in the joints where the ball of the original eleastic would have sat, use rivets and electric connecters to rebuild....the rivets have to be cut to correct size, i find it easier to just use the dremel to cut them once in place, just be careful not to touch the Joe plastic as it will melt. the electrical connector sits inside the lower leg and in the upper arm, you will also need nylon spacers to put in the elbow and knee joints, connect the circle part of the connecter into the joint with the spacer and place the river through the drilled hole, connecter and spacer and then cut the river. to connect the upper legs to pelvis use string elastic, loop around the rivet pint in the hip, thread through the pelvis, repeat on other side and then tie off tightly, cut excess elastic......confused yet??? good luck

Comment

Working...
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎