X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dr_cyclops
    One eyed, wonder
    • Dec 17, 2009

First order from CTVT

After reading here about the quality problems of this company, I must say, it's good to be informed.
    When I started sculpting heads, my younger brother dug up his remaining Megos: Superman, Batman, Robin and the Fonz.
    All have serious problems. First for restoration was Fonzie. He had his leather jacket, stained shirt, one boot, Star Trek pants and a broken left knee.
    Ordered, white sleeve-less shirt, Richie's pants, short black boots, garage cover-alls and knee pins. In the same order, (for myself) white female neck-less body, white male body and white fatman body.
    All items recieved.
    Fonzie was a quick fix. The bodies on the other hand, standard CTVT quality. Strung too tight, so they don't hold their pose. The female has her arms reversed. Not her hands, just the arms. So her elbows bend backwards.
    I ordered the white bodies to use as manikins for my head sculpts. Perhaps I'll just glue them into a single pose and mount them to a base.
  • GaryPlaysWithDolls
    Mighty Man/Monster Maker
    • Aug 14, 2007

Ya'know, I've thought about doing something like that with the Mattel bodies, just mounting them in a static pose. Love to see how it turns out!

Mina is the world's first Paranormal Petsitter in the new middle-grade book series by Gary Buettner, MONSTER PETS, coming in FALL 2014 from EMBY KIDS. Spooky adventure that's perfect reading for kids 8-12
    https://www.facebook.com/monsterpetsbooks?ref=hl

Comment

• sprytel
      Talkative Member
      • Jun 26, 2009

Originally posted by dr_cyclops
      After reading here about the quality problems of this company, I must say, it's good to be informed.
      When I started sculpting heads, my younger brother dug up his remaining Megos: Superman, Batman, Robin and the Fonz.
      All have serious problems. First for restoration was Fonzie. He had his leather jacket, stained shirt, one boot, Star Trek pants and a broken left knee.
      Ordered, white sleeve-less shirt, Richie's pants, short black boots, garage cover-alls and knee pins. In the same order, (for myself) white female neck-less body, white male body and white fatman body.
      All items recieved.
      Fonzie was a quick fix. The bodies on the other hand, standard CTVT quality. Strung too tight, so they don't hold their pose. The female has her arms reversed. Not her hands, just the arms. So her elbows bend backwards.
      I ordered the white bodies to use as manikins for my head sculpts. Perhaps I'll just glue them into a single pose and mount them to a base.
      Did you let somebody from CTVT know about your issues? In my experience, they have been good about sending out replacements for things that are damaged. Your replacement may be just as broken, but definitely worth letting someone know and seeing what happens.

Comment

• Cosmicman
        Permanent Member
        • Jul 12, 2005

Originally posted by sprytel
        Did you let somebody from CTVT know about your issues? In my experience, they have been good about sending out replacements for things that are damaged. Your replacement may be just as broken, but definitely worth letting someone know and seeing what happens.
        Right I used to be be a CTVTs hater. So I started to complain about getting broken stuff from them and I have noticed every time I have complained they have corrected and fixed stuff by re-sending or taking money off my next order. That's why I have no issues ordering from them because they will see to it that you are paid back some way.
        It's hard to find someone that will do that. That's why I don't mind them.
        More custom Mego madness on Facebook right here...

Comment

• dr_cyclops
          One eyed, wonder
          • Dec 17, 2009

sprytel, Wrathdemon, thanks for the tip about communication. Should I have any real problems with CTVT, I'll be sure to speak up. It's good for me to hear this because I've been quilty of keeping my mouth shut and never dealing again with people/companies in the past. As for the bodies, I knew all about the 'strung too tight for pose' problem well before I ordered. As for the female having her arms reversed, it's not much of an issue for me. I only mentioned it here, to share with you good folks who warned me years ago, what to expect. Had I planned to use this body for a custom figure, I would ask for a replacement. As it is, I'm going to be able to use it for my intended purpose (custom head-manikin). Over all, I'm very pleased with my purchase and plan to shop with CTVT and others, a lot in the future.
          Last night, I made my first DocMego purchase. Where should I post a review? EMCE board?

Comment

• dr_cyclops
            One eyed, wonder
            • Dec 17, 2009

Originally posted by GaryPlaysWithDolls
            Ya'know, I've thought about doing something like that with the Mattel bodies, just mounting them in a static pose. Love to see how it turns out!
            You will. As I tool the costum heads to fit the body type and neck hole. Scale is so important in head design. I want everyone to see how the original sculpt looks on the 8 in. body choice. Later I hope to take castings and produce at least one complete custom Mego style character out of each head design.

Comment

• dr_cyclops
              One eyed, wonder
              • Dec 17, 2009

Second order placed with CTVT. Infection is draining my money in the best possible way. This 'Custom strain' is difficult to resist.
              Why is nobody trying to help?!

Comment

• bobws
                Permanent Member
                • Feb 13, 2008

We have you now !!!!!!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!! (Imagine evil laugh)
                "Hang on Lady... We go for a RIDE!" - Shorty to Willie Scott.Best movie line from Indiana Jones & the Temple Of Doom

Comment

• dr_cyclops
                  One eyed, wonder
                  • Dec 17, 2009

Originally posted by bobws
                  We have you now !!!!!!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!! (Imagine evil laugh)
                  Not only did I imagine it, I imagined it before I was told to.
                  Now to play the waiting game...oh just thought of another head sculpt.

Comment

• dr_cyclops
                    One eyed, wonder
                    • Dec 17, 2009

Second CTVT order arrived today. What can I say? When you know what you're buying, you don't spend alot of time crying.
                    CTVT comes through again. No item missed. 5 out of five for 'Fair-Trade Transaction'.

Comment

• Iron Mego
                      Wake Up Heavy
                      • Jan 31, 2010

Admittedly I have only ordered two CTVT bodies, but neither is tightly strung and both hold their poses just fine.
                      Wake Up Heavy Podcast

Find me on Twitter

Comment

• dr_cyclops
                        One eyed, wonder
                        • Dec 17, 2009

Originally posted by Iron Mego
                        Admittedly I have only ordered two CTVT bodies, but neither is tightly strung and both hold their poses just fine.
                        You are lucky there. The worst bodies I've gotten so far, have been on the completed character dolls. All bodies I have purchased, ranged from tightly strung to broken hands and feet. On one standard male body, the right shoulder hole is big enough to pull the arm into the torso. Sadly, too many of them are going into the parts bin to be collected and reworked as needed.
                        CTVT will need to bring the cost to about two or three bucks apiece, before I would even consider their bodies over the Doc's. Quality matters.

Comment

Working...
                        😀
                        🥰
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😡
                        👍
                        👎