Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Question for the Brits ... How is Torchwood Season-2 ?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mikey
    Verbose Member
    • Aug 9, 2001

Question for the Brits ... How is Torchwood Season-2 ?

I just seen BBC America will be airing season-2 of Torchwood at the end of this month.
    I'm assuming you guys in the UK are WAY ahead of us ......

So, is it good compared to season-1 ?

I thought 1 was ok, but could have been better.
  • bonkers head
    Museum Patron
    • Mar 25, 2007

Originally posted by type1kirk
    I just seen BBC America will be airing season-2 of Torchwood at the end of this month.
    I'm assuming you guys in the UK are WAY ahead of us ......

So, is it good compared to season-1 ?

I thought 1 was ok, but could have been better.
    The 2nd series of Torch wood hasn't started yet. It starts on Wednesday at 9 pm on BBC2 .From the TV listings looks like much the same as last time .May be better will give it a chance again .

Comment

• English Paul
      Archive cased.
      • Aug 17, 2005

The ads on TV at the moment make it look pretty much the same as last time. Martha Jones is only shown once and doesn't feature in any of the `team` shots.
      Another surprise, and my wife and I had to think for a while who he was, is an appearance by the actor who played Spike in Buffy (James Masters). It's hard to tell who's side he's on but he gets quite a bit of screen time in the trailers.

Home page here.... http://www.bbc.co.uk/torchwood/index.shtml

Previews available from here.... http://www.bbc.co.uk/torchwood/sites...es2/ep01.shtml
      Last edited by English Paul; Jan 13, '08, 5:16 AM.
      "I should say I`m very much cleverer than any of the people who put me here. As a matter of fact, I could leave any time I wanted. It`s only a doll`s house after all. Anyway, I don`t mind. I like dolls" - The Mad Hatter, Arkham Asylum.

Comment

• bonkers head
        Museum Patron
        • Mar 25, 2007

[QUOTE=English Paul;80934]The ads on TV at the moment make it look pretty much the same as last time. Martha Jones is only shown once and doesn't feature in any of the `team` shots.
        Another surprise, and my wife and I had to think for a while who he was, is an appearance by the actor who played Spike in Buffy (James Masters). It's hard to tell who's side he's on but he gets quite a bit of screen time in the trailers.

Spike (James Masters)is playing Captain John Hart, ex lover of captain Jack !,and a rogue time agent to boot. Looks like more of the same !!!

Comment

• Bo8a_Fett
          Pat Troughton in disguise
          • Nov 21, 2007

I'd heard that Martha turns up in as many as 5 episodes of the new Torchwood, it appears that "Spike" is Captain John and an old associate of Captain Jack...and he finds something that scares/worries Jack...SPOILER ALERT....in their first scene apparently they kiss then start throwing punches at each other.
          I also hear that there is going to be 2 versions of Torchwood...one toned down for younger viewers and one as "adult" as last season...dunno how they're going to do that if the more adult version is screened first?
          ENGLISH AND DAMN PROUD OF IT British by birth....English by the grace of God. Yes Jamie...it is big isn't it....

Comment

• raider5gt
            Museum Tree Cutter
            • Nov 25, 2007

I never saw the 1st series but might see what this is like

Never stand behind a cow when it sneezes.

Comment

• Mikey
              Verbose Member
              • Aug 9, 2001

Originally posted by raider5gt
              I never saw the 1st series but might see what this is like
              Have you ever seen the Dead Ringers Torchwood parady ?
              (about 3 minutes long)

It's very close to the real Torchwood

YouTube - Dead Ringers - Torchwood

m

Comment

• Bo8a_Fett
                Pat Troughton in disguise
                • Nov 21, 2007

Yeah...used to love the Dr Who parodies they done as well
                ENGLISH AND DAMN PROUD OF IT British by birth....English by the grace of God. Yes Jamie...it is big isn't it....

Comment

Working...
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎