X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS
    Museum Robot
    • May 9, 2007

The Visitors are our friends...

It's kind of a bummer how little merchandise the "V" television and mini series got, LJN promised some killer action figures but wound up only releasing a 12" figure.

The majority of V merchandise seems to be Rack Toys mostly made in South America (watch out for fakes) which are unrelated spaceships, pistols and these little PVC figures of the characters. Yes, this crude little guy is the closest thing the world will ever see to Marc Singer/Mike Donavan action figure.

We deserve more..

Check out our upcoming book!
    For more Fashion Mockery and 70's toy love visit us at Plaid Stallions.com

More...
  • Earth 2 Chris
    Verbose Member
    • Mar 7, 2004

Man, I remember "V" being such an event. Every kid at school was duty-bound to watch it. My sister is 7 years older than me, and her high school friends watched it too. I'm not too sure how it holds up now, but it was more or less "Roots" for nerds.

I'm surprised we haven't seen some Retro-Action figure rumblings from this franchise.

Chris
    sigpic

Comment

• drquest
      ~~/\~~\o/~~/\~~Shark!
      • Apr 17, 2012

Oh yeah it was an event! Every kid was talking the next day when the big reveal was made made the night before, LOL.
      Danny(Drquest)
      Captain Action HQ
      Retro shirts and stuff
      More retro shirts
      Stuff For Sale

Comment

• Spawn67
        Career Member
        • Aug 14, 2009

I remember it was a HUGE event at the time. Everyone in my school was talking about it. Ive seen it recently. Some of it hold's up well but not all of it.

Comment

• vulcan2074
          Live Long and Prosper
          • Mar 23, 2008

I was hooked on V. I thought it was really cool. I remember wanting the toy space ship some kid was playing with on the show.
          Sammy

Comment

• palitoy
            live. laugh. lisa needs braces
            • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by vulcan2074
            I thought it was really cool. I remember wanting the toy space ship some kid was playing with on the show.
            Sammy
            From what I've read that was actually a SFX model. The figures were modified Star Wars figures and they're in Kenneth Johnson's office.
            Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
            http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• vulcan2074
              Live Long and Prosper
              • Mar 23, 2008

Originally posted by palitoy
              From what I've read that was actually a SFX model. The figures were modified Star Wars figures and they're in Kenneth Johnson's office.
              Thanks for the info Brian. Thats good to know.
              Sammy

Comment

• HardyGirl
                Mego Museum's Poster Girl
                • Apr 3, 2007

I remember when V came out when I was 17 or 18. Sadly at that time, the only time I got to see it was when I was in the emergency room w/ an asthma attack. I was still living w/ my dad and he ruled the only TV in the house. But I did watch it later on the Sci-Fi Channel when Robert Englund hosted. I thought while was was watching that it would have been cool to have action figures.
                "Do you believe, you believe in magic?
                'Cos I believe, I believe that I do,
                Yes, I can see I believe that it's magic
                If your mission is magic your love will shine true."

Comment

• EmergencyIan
                  Museum Paramedic
                  • Aug 31, 2005

I was never big into "V." I do remember the 12" figure being prominently displayed at Children's Palace.

- Ian
                  Rampart, this is Squad 51. How do you read?

Comment

• Funkyterrance
                    Museum Super Collector
                    • Feb 15, 2012

It wasn't really a kid's show though. I was pretty young when it was on and I just vividly remember being freaked out by the human looking guy's skin getting ripped and green flesh showing underneath *shudders*. Otherwise the plot was a bit "adult" and soap opera-esque.
                    I can appreciate the figures now though and that carded figure is awesome. I saw one of the 12" dolls on ebay a while back and probably would have bought it but the Visitor's mask was missing so it was just a lizard head.

Comment

• palitoy
                      live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                      • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by Funkyterrance
                      It wasn't really a kid's show though.
                      It was the talk of my playground, I even remember kids younger than me playing "The V" by letting Elmer's glue dry on their hands and peeling it off.
                      Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                      http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                        Muddling through
                        • Oct 4, 2008

was huge in my grade school. i don't know, i was in maybe 4th or 5th grade when it came out. loved it then and still love it now. i would love to have V retro action Re-Mego

Comment

• johnmiic
                          Adrift
                          • Sep 6, 2002

A friend of mine went to Pratt Art College in Brooklyn the week V was coming out but was so busy with school he had not seen the promos on TV. He went out with the guys one night and came home drunk from the bar and saw a V poster in the subway. When he saw it he said, "Jeeze, what the hell did I miss this week?!?!"

Comment

• UnderdogDJLSW
                            To Fear is Not Logical...
                            • Feb 17, 2008

With the mini-series, the day after the episode where they had her eat the rat/hamster or whatever it was, no one would talk about anything else that day at school.
                            It's all good!

Comment

• bobws
                              Permanent Member
                              • Feb 13, 2008

I Loved both mini- series and the regular show. i would love to see BBP announce a V series of figures. Simple red jumpsuits for several characters regular clothes for the rest. Easily a dozen characters, just release 2 figures twice a year and i'd be happy. Make the sets a Human/Visitor combo.

Wow ,the more i think about this ,the more i gotta see if brian wants to make male and female visitor suits?
                              "Hang on Lady... We go for a RIDE!" - Shorty to Willie Scott.Best movie line from Indiana Jones & the Temple Of Doom

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎