Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Corps:Star force mobile ground support (G.I. Joe transport vehicle)PIC HEAVY

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mazinz
    Persistent Member
    • Jul 2, 2007

The Corps:Star force mobile ground support (G.I. Joe transport vehicle)PIC HEAVY

Many years back when I was essentially "too old" to be buying toys, I stumbled across a new spinoff line from the infamous G.I. Joe knock off series The Corps. This spin-off was called "S.t.a.r. Force". I ended up buying one of the figures, not so much because of the cool space look he did have, but more so for a reference of the absolute awesome (mostly) G.I. Joe retooled and modified vehicles they blatantly took the designs from that were shown on the back of the carded figure. These did not look like their generic motorcycles and such made for the main Corps line, but rather quite a bit of time looked like it went into them. Most notably was a completely modified and retooled version of the 1983 G.I.Joe transport vehicle (APC) which can be seen in the link below

http://www.yojoe.com/vehicles/83/apc/

Now the Joe APC was a favorite toy of mine back in 83. I loved the design. Needless to say I was a bit ecstatic when I had seen that the Corps Star Force version not only molded it in a cool space white, but also instead of being a troop transport, made a mini control desk/base in the back of the vehicle.

This was all from 1997. I was never able to find this Star vehicle nor most of the other cool vehicles (like the nose cone rocket) made for the Star Force line. From what I had learned, the vehicles were sold mostly over seas and not so much over here in the US

The other week on Ebay I had finally found the long sought after toy. Seller had it with box and in almost unplayed with shape for like 70$ and of course coming in from Hong Kong. The toy arrived and I took it out to show you guys some comparison pics of that and the Joe toy the design had come from originally. Heavily modified would be an understatement. There is no question had such a cool 70's looking retro space vehicle as this came out for the Joes back in 83, I would have played with this thing non stop (and that just did not sound right). I could totally also see using this with the Micronauts as well.--Cheers

It also came with a bunch of snap on accessories for the top of the toy and those were still in a sealed baggy so I left them that way

PIC HEAVY since I made it one long picture

Last edited by mazinz; Apr 29, '12, 12:24 AM.
    "What motivated him to throw a puppy at the Hells Angels is currently unclear,"

Starroid Raiders Dagon wrote "No Dime Store Monster left behind"
  • megocrazy
    Museum Trouble Maker
    • Feb 18, 2007

The CORPS figures are actually getting a following. GI Joe collectors are starting to warm up to them. They were originally viewed as a cheap KO but as Mego collectors we all know there's a certain spot in our hearts for cheap KO's. I always get them in toy lots and I used to give them away to the kids but I started packing some of the cleaner pieces away just in case they become more valuable.
    It's not a doll it's an action figure.

Comment

• babycyclops
      Career Member
      • Jul 9, 2010

That Star vehicle is excellent! I can see why you dig it so much.
      Did you get any of the white space guys? They each look to have slightly different helmets.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
        Verbose Member
        • Mar 7, 2004

That is a very nice piece. I'll admit to snubbing my nose at the CORPS guys as a kid, but I have to admit some of them looked pretty cool. The comic ads that promoted them at K-Mart made me almost reconsider.

Now that I see those space figures on the box, I realize my son has one. I think he got it from a yard sale.

He also has the Captain America vehicle from last year that is very similar to both of these. It's a cool toy. Has Cap's motorcylce in the back for pretend launch, like Reb Brown!

Chris
        Last edited by Earth 2 Chris; Apr 29, '12, 8:12 AM.
        sigpic

Comment

• Figuremod73
          That 80's guy
          • Jul 27, 2011

Pretty close when compared together but different enough to where its not noticed.

Good figures and one of the most successful knock off toys ever. Wish they hadnt changed the way they were put together in the last few years.

Comment

• mazinz
            Persistent Member
            • Jul 2, 2007

Originally posted by megocrazy
            The CORPS figures are actually getting a following. GI Joe collectors are starting to warm up to them. They were originally viewed as a cheap KO but as Mego collectors we all know there's a certain spot in our hearts for cheap KO's. I always get them in toy lots and I used to give them away to the kids but I started packing some of the cleaner pieces away just in case they become more valuable.
            Yeah I am starting to notice that too. I did like when they would have 6 figures in a package for roughly a dollar or two more than a single figure from the Joe line. I was more in the sense of "how dare they". I should have been more like "oh cool, cheap troop and character builders"

Originally posted by babycyclops
            That Star vehicle is excellent! I can see why you dig it so much.
            Did you get any of the white space guys? They each look to have slightly different helmets.
            I have one of them still the package but no idea where he is or which figure it was.

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
            That is a very nice piece. I'll admit to snubbing my nose at the CORPS guys as a kid, but I have to admit some of them looked pretty cool. The comic ads that promoted them at K-Mart made me almost reconsider.

Now that I see those space figures on the box, I realize my son has one. I think he got it from a yard sale.

He also has the Captain America vehicle from last year that is very similar to both of these. It's a cool toy. Has Cap's motorcylce in the back for pretend launch, like Reb Brown!

Chris
            Originally posted by Figuremod73
            Pretty close when compared together but different enough to where its not noticed.

Good figures and one of the most successful knock off toys ever. Wish they hadnt changed the way they were put together in the last few years.

what is really funny is that the site I am listing below when I was searching for info on the Stars line DID NOT show up. However I wanted to try and find pics of some of the other cool vehicles they made for the star force and now I see a main website dedicated to them. You can see the shuttles and rockets from the link below and if you click the "in package" link you will see even more vehicles they made (like the retooled cobra fang copter and the 4 wheeler), as well as (and new to me) space horses and other robo beast

check it:
            http://www.corpscollector.com/starforce/Default.htm

I also wonder if the site is older and on it's way out? The homepage link for it does not work (404 message) and there seems to be no contact info. Will be using a website downloader to snag the site now just in case-
            Last edited by mazinz; Apr 29, '12, 5:01 PM.
            "What motivated him to throw a puppy at the Hells Angels is currently unclear,"

Starroid Raiders Dagon wrote "No Dime Store Monster left behind"

Comment

• acrovader
              Career Member
              • Jan 19, 2011

I bought several of these figures last Christmas from ebay. There's also a space shuttle and a command center and some other vehicles. This were much better than the G.I. Joe's of the 1990's..
              I am more than machine. More than man. More than a fusion of the two.

Comment

• samurainoir
                Eloquent Member
                • Dec 26, 2006

I just saw Corps 2 packs today at Walmart for under five bucks. They are just a wealth for RAH customizers, particularly the inexpensive vehicles.
                My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!

Comment

• ctc
                  Fear the monkeybat!
                  • Aug 16, 2001

Hmmmm....

A lot of the Corps stuff is pretty cool. They made a number of vaguely (and not so vaguely) RAH looking vehicles. I've got a small helicopter reminiscent of the Cobra FANG the we used to pretend was a prototype, designed by the Nazis in WW2 and later re-engineered by Cobra.

Don C.

Comment

• EmergencyIan
                    Museum Paramedic
                    • Aug 31, 2005

I never knew any of this existed. I did, however, love the G.I. Joe APC vehicle.

- Ian
                    Rampart, this is Squad 51. How do you read?

Comment

Working...
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎