X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MIB41
    Eloquent Member
    • Sep 25, 2005

New Batman figure - DC Universe

I came across this figure at Meijers last night and really thought it was a pretty cool sculpt. He looks like a mix between Neil Adams and early Carmine Infantino. I got him for $9.99 + tax. I prefer Mego-like figures, but I was so impressed with this sculpt I had to have him... You can click on each picture for a larger image.

• palitoy
    live. laugh. lisa needs braces
    • Jun 16, 2001

I don't curse much but that's just swell! If I saw him on the shelf, I'd probably buy him before I realized what I had done.

Nice background by the way.
    Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
    http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
      Verbose Member
      • Mar 7, 2004

I picked him up last weekend, and I love him. This is Batman to me, the classic Bronze Age look. Mattel and the Four Horsemen have produced some fine Batmen, but this is the best of the lot. I only wish I'd found the other figures in this wave. It's a very impressive set, esp. with the build-a-figure Metamorpho (or Rex Mason, which they apparently have to call him for some strange reason).

Chris
      sigpic

Comment

• BlackKnight
        The DarkSide Customizer
        • Apr 16, 2005

^^^ Yeah, I held off getting him, saw him twice so far, however the rest of the line was no ware to be found. So I'll wait .He is the best Batman from the Horsemen I have scene.
        ... The Original Knight ..., Often Imitated, However Never Duplicated. The 1st Knight in Customs.

always trading for Hot Toys Figures .

Comment

• Eric
          Museum Patron
          • Jan 11, 2008

That's a nice one. "Classic Batman" has always been my favorite. I just got back from an FYE store in Clifton Park, N.Y. which is closing. They had some great deals on the CDs and DVDs, but the real bargains were the action figures -- 50 percent off the lowest sticker price -- plus, if you buy one you get another at 50 percent off the off the price of the first one. So, for example, the Alex Ross Justice Box Set which sold for $50 was $25 and the second one was $12.50! I spent a total of $152 ... and saved $273! Not a bad morning.

Comment

• toys2cool
            Ultimate Mego Warrior
            • Nov 27, 2006

yeah his face looks great man,nice pick up
            "Time to nut up or shut up" -Tallahassee

http://ultimatewarriorcollection.webs.com/
            My stuff on facebook Incompatible Browser | Facebook

Comment

• Bo8a_Fett
              Pat Troughton in disguise
              • Nov 21, 2007

Thats the sort of Bat i'd buy...whats the articulation on him like...looks quite good?
              ENGLISH AND DAMN PROUD OF IT British by birth....English by the grace of God. Yes Jamie...it is big isn't it....

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                Verbose Member
                • Mar 7, 2004

The DCU line carries over the nice articulation from the DCSH line. To me, it's the perfect balance of possablity vs. a clean look. I think many of the Marvel Legends look like gangly marionettes. This line doesn't sacrifice the sculpt for articulation.

Michael Crawford did a nice review of Batman and the other figures. Gives you an idea on the articulation better than I can explain.

DC Universe series 1 action figure - Another Pop Culture Collectible Review by Michael Crawford, Captain Toy

Chris
                sigpic

Comment

• MIB41
                  Eloquent Member
                  • Sep 25, 2005

Originally posted by Bo8a_Fett
                  Thats the sort of Bat i'd buy...whats the articulation on him like...looks quite good?
                  Excellent articulation. Jointed in the neck, shoulders, elbows, wrists, chest, waist, hips, thighs, knees and ankles. Just an excellent Batman figure all the way around. I saw a complete set at TRU today, so everyone might want to check there as well. I haven't seen any at Walmarts or Targets.

Comment

• The Toyroom
                    The Packaging King
                    • Dec 31, 2004

I saw one of these at Target (no others or the rest of the line) but I passed on it.
                    Think OUTSIDE the Box! For the BEST in Repro & Custom Packaging!

Comment

Working...
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎