X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • EMCE Hammer
    Moderation Engineer
    • Aug 14, 2003

Mego Meet Saturday Dinner

After a few conversations this week, in the words of Ron Peritore Undo's was politely told to GFY. They were unapologetic for last year, and the only laughable concession they were willing to make was to limit us to ONE!!! menu item to lower the cost. I had hoped to work something out and then come back here to see whether or not as a group we should give them another go.

I personally don't care much about the food as long as it's decent. I am more concerned about convenience and the group being together and having a good time before we start to scatter.

We need to book a place soon, and I am open to suggestions. One idea is to flip Hoss's to Saturday, and let the Thursday early birds try someplace new. Or, we keep Hoss's for Thursday and try elsewhere for the Saturday dinner. Thoughts?
  • Megospidey
    Museum Webslinger
    • Jul 26, 2006

Hoss's for Saturday gets my vote.

Comment

• Random Axe
      The Voice of Reason
      • Apr 16, 2008

That stinks about Undo's. They have THE best chicken alfredo I have ever had, nothing is even close. However, if they won't even serve it then to hell with them. I'd get with Alan/Jimmy to see what they might recommend. I'm totally cool with Hoss' on Saturday, there just may be a seating issue. I'll do some research to see what's immediately around the area. Maybe we could all converge on the Subway on Thursday.
      I almost had a psychic girlfriend but she dumped me before we met.

If anyone here believes in psychokinesis, please raise my hand.

Comment

• megoscott
        Founding Partner
        • Nov 17, 2006

There's an Olive Garden one exit up the highway. All you can eat breadsticks, I'm just sayin'.
        This profile is no longer active.

Comment

• noelani72
          27inaleon
          • Jun 25, 2002

I'm game with anything - I wouldn't want to be a pain in someone's arse.
          I don't remember Subway having much room to sit though.
          Ron is buyin' my dinner Thursday night, sooo we gotta have steak! HAHAHA

I'd second the idea of asking Alan or a local about some other places - perhaps some Ma 'n Pa place to eat?

I have no regrets about Undo's - customer service is a joke.

Comment

• Random Axe
            The Voice of Reason
            • Apr 16, 2008

I was totally joking about the Subway. I'll be eating there enough that weekend as it is without a scheduled group outing. I've never ventured out on National Road, so I'm clueless on the eateries. I'm open to anything, though.

Comment

• wayne foundation 07
              Time to feed the cat
              • Dec 30, 2007

how about this place its right down the street, http://www.hollyeats.com/LouisHotDog.htm
              who doesn't love a hot dog.

Comment

• Random Axe
                The Voice of Reason
                • Apr 16, 2008

That looks pretty good to me, but the hours of operation are weak. Some people aren't available to show up for dinner till around 530-6PM. That wouldn't leave a lot of time. I may have to check that out while I'm there, though.

Comment

• ScottA
                  Original Member
                  • Jun 25, 2001

I've never eaten at Hoss' so that would be new for me on Saturday.
                  sigpic WANTED: Boxed, Carded and Kresge Carded WGSH

Comment

• EMCE Hammer
                    Moderation Engineer
                    • Aug 14, 2003

Originally posted by Random Axe
                    That stinks about Undo's. They have THE best chicken alfredo I have ever had, nothing is even close. However, if they won't even serve it then to hell with them. I'd get with Alan/Jimmy to see what they might recommend. I'm totally cool with Hoss' on Saturday, there just may be a seating issue. I'll do some research to see what's immediately around the area. Maybe we could all converge on the Subway on Thursday.
                    So far, TJ's(sp?) was their next choice, but they can only seat 20 in proximity and everybody else is on their own. So no dice there. Olive Garden would probably be OK, assuming it's big enough. I'm sort of intrigued by the idea of an OG done West Virginia style.

Comment

• megocrazy
                      Museum Trouble Maker
                      • Feb 18, 2007

Truthfully I'd be OK with Hoss's for both. I've had a number of different meals there in the years we've been going and been happy with the steak, chicken, and seafood items I've had. You could easily change things up and have two different style meals. Plus they have a sundae bar and a salad bar. Yes ice cream before veggies. It's not like I've never had steak twice in a 48 hour span before anyway. Plus they've always been nice and never given us an attitude.
                      It's not a doll it's an action figure.

Comment

• Random Axe
                        The Voice of Reason
                        • Apr 16, 2008

Originally posted by megocrazy
                        Truthfully I'd be OK with Hoss's for both. I've had a number of different meals there in the years we've been going and been happy with the steak, chicken, and seafood items I've had. You could easily change things up and have two different style meals. Plus they have a sundae bar and a salad bar. Yes ice cream before veggies. It's not like I've never had steak twice in a 48 hour span before anyway. Plus they've always been nice and never given us an attitude.

Seconded and thirded. Good idea Chuck.

Comment

• noelani72
                          27inaleon
                          • Jun 25, 2002

Sure.
                          Ice cream win win.
                          Lol

Comment

• megocrazy
                            Museum Trouble Maker
                            • Feb 18, 2007

Originally posted by noelani72
                            Sure.
                            Ice cream win win.
                            Lol
                            Ice Cream is always a deal maker.
                            It's not a doll it's an action figure.

Comment

• Brown Bear
                              Still Old School
                              • Feb 14, 2008

I hope one of these years that I can attend the Meet. As an accountant with a year end of May 5th, my June is always a write-off of overtime.

Maybe someday.....

I would really like to meet all my friends face to face.
                              Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎