X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Falstaff13
    Persistent Member
    • May 28, 2008

Gunslingers? Need help with more info

Can anyone help me with information on an apparent 1970s line of "Gunslingers" by Durham Industries? Thanks to 80stoyman, I now have the Wild Bill of this line. I am including pictures below. The Mego-like page has a similar-looking figure listed as "Cowboy" on a Prairie Scout card, but it also lists it as 5", and the figure I got is 12". I've found references to a Billy the Kid of this line? Can anyone give any information? Anyone have others they would be interested in relocating to my collection?

Thanks in advance.

http://i1202.photobucket.com/albums/...g/DSCN4901.jpg
    http://i1202.photobucket.com/albums/...g/DSCN4903.jpg
    Last edited by Falstaff13; Apr 22, '12, 7:42 PM. Reason: asking for notifications
    Hugh H. Davis

Wanted: Legends of the West (Empire & Excel) and other western historically-based figures. Send me an offer.
    Also interested in figures based on literary characters.
  • mazinz
    Persistent Member
    • Jul 2, 2007

not much but here was an old auction for Billy the kid

http://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedi...rham-135721187
    "What motivated him to throw a puppy at the Hells Angels is currently unclear,"

Starroid Raiders Dagon wrote "No Dime Store Monster left behind"

Comment

• turnbolt
      Veteran Member
      • Jun 26, 2008

There are a few of these. Wild Bill, Billy the Kid and I think there is an Indian in the line as well. I can only remember seeing these 3.

How's you Legends of the West collection coming along???
      I like toys.

Colonel Raines' Toy Chest

Comment

• Falstaff13
        Persistent Member
        • May 28, 2008

Yes, I have found images of Billy the Kid but have never seen the figure. Until the Wild Bill, I had not seen any of them at all. Just some more to add to the list...

The Legends of the West collection is getting into good shape. I need to sort the duplicates and clear out, in fact. As you can probably tell, I've expanded to the idea of collecting western figures overall (of the historical variety primarily), including these.
        Hugh H. Davis

Wanted: Legends of the West (Empire & Excel) and other western historically-based figures. Send me an offer.

Comment

• turnbolt
          Veteran Member
          • Jun 26, 2008

Me too. I am always looking for new and varied vintage cowboys. Let me know what you are missing. I will keep an eye out.
          I like toys.

Comment

• Falstaff13
            Persistent Member
            • May 28, 2008

Sorry for the slow reply, Turnbolt. The biggie, as you know, is the town playset. I also have never seen Arrowhead the Indian Squaw or the Cowpoke. I also no longer have the Geronimo from my childhood. I have all the wagons, but I'd love to find the Wyatt-based fireman.

Of the larger figures, the main thing I'm missing is the Deadwood Dick.

Thanks,
            Hugh
            Hugh H. Davis

Comment

• turnbolt
              Veteran Member
              • Jun 26, 2008

I have an extra Arrowhead without her accessories and I might have an extra one on card. Will have to check for you. The cowpoke is tough. Lost some great auctions last year with him carded on a horse. I have an extra Deadwood Dick 9", but his hat and one hand are missing and his leg are slightly loose. I am redoing my display right now so I will dig through some boxes and pull some stuff out for you if you like.

That Town is super elusive. I have only ever seen two up for auction.
              I like toys.

Comment

• Falstaff13
                Persistent Member
                • May 28, 2008

Thanks! I would be interested.
                Hugh H. Davis

Comment

• turnbolt
                  Veteran Member
                  • Jun 26, 2008

PM sent.
                  I like toys.

Comment

Working...
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢