Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fisher Price: Little People or Adventure People?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 4NDR01D
    Alpha Centauri....OR DIE!
    • Jan 22, 2008

Fisher Price: Little People or Adventure People?

What was your favorite as a kid? Did you start off with Little People and then move on to Adventure People as you got older? Which one makes you more nostalgic? Anybody collect either line? Items your looking for? Easiest/hardest set to complete? grail items? etc

PS-(no pun intended) if there's a Plaid Stallions card for LP, I've totally missed it. If there's ever plans to do one I nominate "Lucky" the dog. pretty friggin iconic I'd say.
  • 4NDR01D
    • Jan 22, 2008

one of my favorite LP cover's, this one is from the S/t 1st lp from Sunny Day Real Estate.

Comment

• wayne foundation 07
      Time to feed the cat
      • Dec 30, 2007

I had the little people camper, when I was little, Iremeber the little mini bike that was on the back of it.

Comment

• 4NDR01D
        • Jan 22, 2008

Originally posted by wayne foundation 07
        I had the little people camper, when I was little, Iremeber the little mini bike that was on the back of it.
        Adventure People. I just found that set at a local thrift, I'm split between collecting the two lines. Probably end up collecting both. Seems pretty affordable, and I can tell my wife "it's for the baby" and get away with it.

Comment

• HardyGirl
          Mego Museum's Poster Girl
          • Apr 3, 2007

Well, I never had either. My mom really wasn't in the know as far as FP. No one in my neighborhood had them either. I liked playing w/ the Little People sets my dad's friends kid had and later on, even though I was older, I coveted my younger cousin's Main Street set. I never even heard of Adventure People until joining this forum. So I guess there's your answer.
          "Do you believe, you believe in magic?
          'Cos I believe, I believe that I do,
          Yes, I can see I believe that it's magic
          If your mission is magic your love will shine true."

Comment

• toys2cool
            Ultimate Mego Warrior
            • Nov 27, 2006

I had some of both...I loved the airport
            "Time to nut up or shut up" -Tallahassee

http://ultimatewarriorcollection.webs.com/
            My stuff on facebook Incompatible Browser | Facebook

Comment

• rche
              channeling Bob Wills
              • Mar 26, 2008

Big fan of FPLP. My kids and I have played 'city' quite a bit with the playsets we have. house, school, barn, airport, castle, garage, hospital, SS brownstone, SS clubhouse. The size is great - you can have plenty of imagination time going on and still be able to store them on the shelf.

Comment

• mazinz
                Persistent Member
                • Jul 2, 2007

Fan of both. In my case I probably had the little people first due to age ( I recall the green and white boat among others) and then very shortly later I used to try and fit the Adventure people on that boat
                "What motivated him to throw a puppy at the Hells Angels is currently unclear,"

Starroid Raiders Dagon wrote "No Dime Store Monster left behind"

Comment

• UnderdogDJLSW
                  To Fear is Not Logical...
                  • Feb 17, 2008

I had the FP house and garage. Latter as I grew older because of the solid color bodies, I equated the house family with the Robinsons on Lost in Space and used to fly them around in a Romper Room spinner that I had.

When older I had the Adventure people news van with camera, the parachutist, and the boat set with the dolphin. My son still plays with the boat, but the dolphin is long gone. I imagine that the vinyl for that would probably have gone brittle by now.
                  It's all good!

Comment

• batmanrocks
                    Career Member
                    • Oct 20, 2004

Actually I always love the FP husky stuff, not sure why but always liked them since a kid

Comment

• nvmbrsdoom5
                      Persistent Member
                      • Mar 1, 2005

I loved them both, and played with them probably about equally. If I had to choose which I am more nostalgic for, it'd probably be the Little People by a hair over Adventure People. I like collecting both but I've had better luck in getting Little People for a reasonable price and in nice, complete condition so I tend to collect them a bit more than Adventure People. A couple of my grail items would be a MISB Garage #930, and a MIB Mobile TV Action Team set #309. Lack of funds and space have prevented me from obtaining these yet, but hopefully someday.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                        Verbose Member
                        • Mar 7, 2004

I never had Adventure People for some reason, so I'll go with Little People. I had my sister's hand-me-down schoolhouse, and maybe some other pieces as well. That thing got LOTS of play.

Chris
                        sigpic

Comment

• grayhank
                          That Fisher Price Guy
                          • Feb 9, 2007

Definitely Little People over Adventure. I don't even remember seeing Adventure People as a kid. Not sure what my holy grail item would be, either the Amusement Park or Snorky Fire Engine w/original Dog. Personal favorite set would be the Castle.

Trivia: The regular Dog's name is Fido. He was never called Lucky by Fisher Price. The only time Fisher Price used a name other than Fido was "Snoopy" which is written on the dog bowl on the back of Play Family House.

And for those interested in all things Little People - my FPLPWorld.com website is still up and running - although I haven't added much in several months.
                          Scott D Thompson | Facebook

Comment

• starsky
                            veteran member
                            • Aug 26, 2007

cool website grayhank! i always liked the boy with the pot on his head.
                            Last edited by starsky; May 20, '12, 5:14 PM.

Comment

• ShadowAvenger
                              Career Member
                              • May 14, 2007

Little People for my sister and I when we were kids. She had the camper, I had the farm and we shared the garage.
                              Read my blog at Moongem Comics about comics, toys and more.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎