• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • palitoy
    live. laugh. lisa needs braces
    • Jun 16, 2001

Star Wars Toy Documentary

Plastic Galaxy is coming to DVD this August:

Plastic Galaxy: it begins a long time ago...
    When Star Wars landed in the theaters, it introduced audiences to a galaxy filled with heroes and villains, robots and space ships, and a dizzying variety of alien life. But when the lights came up, they all disappeared...

Unless you had all the toys. In which case, the adventure never had to end.

In backyards, playgrounds, basements, and bedrooms, Star Wars toys helped kids re-enact scenes from their favorite movies, and create entirely new dangers for Luke Skywalker and his friends to face. They were lusted after on holidays and birthdays, swapped with great cunning out on the school yard, and carefully collected like fine treasures. Like no toys before them, the action figures, space ships, play sets, and props were a phenomenon that swept the nation with as much force as the film that inspired them. Along the way they transformed both the toy and movie industries, earned those behind them vast amounts of wealth, and ultimately created a hobby that, 30 years later, still holds sway over not only the people who grew up with the toys, but also an entirely new generation of fans.

Plastic Galaxy is a documentary that explores the groundbreaking and breathtaking world of Star Wars toys. Through interviews with former Kenner employees, experts, authors, and collectors, it looks at the toys’ history, their influence, and the fond and fervent feelings they elicit today.

The film, which will be released on DVD, also includes tours of some of the top collections -- comprising prototypes, bootlegs, foreign toys, and all manner of surprises. DVD extras, including micro-documentaries and extended interviews, make Plastic Galaxy a prize for not only newer fans, but also long-time collectors.

Plastic Galaxy will be released on DVD in August, 2012 at Celebration VI. To continue to receive updates and news, please subscribe to our mailing list, follow us on Twitter, and friend us on Facebook. For more information, feel free to write us at info(at)plasticgalaxymovie.com, or use the feedback form.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=DPktegyXP0Q
    Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
    http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop
  • Nostalgiabuff
    Muddling through
    • Oct 4, 2008

sounds pretty cool. thanks for posting

Comment

• kennermike
      Permanent Member
      • Nov 4, 2007

wheres Jason73 ??? he would be all over this!!
      Last edited by kennermike; Apr 17, '12, 4:53 PM.

Comment

• Jason73
        Correctamundo!
        • Jan 11, 2009

Originally posted by kennermike
        wheres Jason73 ??? he would be all over this!!
        Believe it or not, I'm actually in this. Also if you watch the preview a few of the shots are of my Star Wars collection. The crew came to Seattle last year and interviewed me and a few other Seattle collectors. Lizard Woman from Mattel's Flash Gordan 3 3/4" is working the bar in my Kenner Cantina.

Here's the tread from last year. Plastic Galaxy,documentary about Star Wars toys - Mego Talk
        Last edited by Jason73; Apr 17, '12, 7:15 PM.
        Happy Days-Mego Style

Comment

• palitoy
          live. laugh. lisa needs braces
          • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by Jason73
          Believe it or not, I'm actually in this. Also if you watch the preview a few of the shots are of my Star Wars collection. The crew came to Seattle last year and interviewed me and a few other Seattle collectors. Lizard Woman from Mattel's Flash Gordan 3 3/4" is working the bar in my Kenner Cantina.

Here's the tread from last year. Plastic Galaxy,documentary about Star Wars toys - Mego Talk
          I thought the whole premise sounded vaguely familiar. I look forward to seeing it even more.
          Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
          http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Trappy Trek Freak
            House of a thousand Megos
            • Aug 10, 2009

I wish I had all my little Star Wars figs from back then I miss them, I still have a few. I remember my CB McHaul breaking so I twisted off his head and popped it on the Imperial Commander body. He was so cool.
            Flickr: Trappy74's Photostream

Comment

Working...
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎