X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS
    Museum Robot
    • May 9, 2007

Dirty Spidey

One of the things I truly enjoy about Rack Toys is when the property and the toy itself don't match (like the Love Boat shaving kit) but what's even better is when the toy actually goes against what the character stands for.

Case in point, I present the Spider-Man exterminator set, where Spidey eschews his values and starts packing heat and joins some sort of law enforcement agency.
    Although, I really haven't read a Spider-Man comic in a long time, I suppose it is possible that the current Spider-Man is a deputy or a sky marshall or whatever..

Check out our upcoming book!
    For more Fashion Mockery and 70's toy love visit us at Plaid Stallions.com

More...
  • Earth 2 Chris
    Verbose Member
    • Mar 7, 2004

"Hey kids, it's the gun that killed Uncle Ben! Have Spidey ice perps with it!"

I don't even know where to begin. Besides the obvious fact that Spidey never used a gun (at least in classic comics), there's the name "The Exterminator". Poetic irony.

I know there have been a few toys where Batman was given a gun, but they are normally used to fire smoke grenades, or airplanes or something, despite the fact they look like a real gun. This is just...wow!!! Someone at Marvel didn't give a hang, did they?

Chris
    sigpic

Comment

• Wee67
      Museum Correspondent
      • Apr 2, 2002

Originally posted by RSS
      Although, I really haven't read a Spider-Man comic in a long time, I suppose it is possible that the current Spider-Man is a deputy or a sky marshall or whatever..
      Clearly you haven't. Peter Parker has retired and the suit is now worn by the offspring of an alternate-universe version the Punisher, Francine Castle, and the one-time-Batman, Jean-Paul Valley. This was clearly explained in the DC/Marvel cross-over series, "Crisis in an Infinite Civil War." Jeez Louise, get with the times, Grandpa.
      WANTED - Solid-Boxed WGSH's, C.8 or better.

Comment

• EMCE Hammer
        Moderation Engineer
        • Aug 14, 2003

I wouldn't be surprised if Marvel or DC gives you a ring Bill. That's the kind of fresh, hip thinking they're after.

Comment

• generic
          Persistent Member
          • Jun 25, 2009

Originally posted by EMCE Hammer
          I wouldn't be surprised if Marvel or DC gives you a ring Bill. That's the kind of fresh, hip thinking they're after.
          They'll only call him if he can also come up with a way to re-design a classic character costume in an equally fresh and hip way. Maybe the new gun-toting, badge-carrying Spider-Man can wear a cyclist shorts / matching top that looks like the classic Spider-Man design, but instead of a mask, he'll wear a cyclist helmet and sunglasses...and he'll ride the Spider-cycle instead of swinging on webs...oh, and when he shoots the bad guys, he'll say "El Oh El!"
          Nostalgia just ain’t what it used to be.

Comment

• jwyblejr
            galactic yo-yo
            • Apr 6, 2006

Now Spidey can pop a cap in Jolly Jonah's *** when he calls him a menace.

Comment

Working...
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎