X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Den82
    Career Member
    • Jan 17, 2011

5" Shogun Warriors, Good deal?

I pointed out the missing fist on Dragun. He said he's knock off like $10 for it.

5" METAL SHOGUN WARRIORS (4) VINTAGE
  • Random Axe
    The Voice of Reason
    • Apr 16, 2008

I'm nowhere near a toy grader or even what you'd consider very knowledgeable in Shogun stuff, but that price seems a little high to me. It's obvious some of those, if not all, are in played-with condition. WHile those are great pieces and I love me some Dragun, I'd make a counter offer. You might be able to pick up a spare fist on Ebay, but don't count on it.
    I almost had a psychic girlfriend but she dumped me before we met.

If anyone here believes in psychokinesis, please raise my hand.

Comment

• 4NDR01D
      Alpha Centauri....OR DIE!
      • Jan 22, 2008

It's a cool lot. I wonder if he has the boxes and just didn't picture them, maybe figuring they weren't important? It would be worth inquiring about.
      I'm not very knowledgeable about Shogun Warriors either, but should be too long befor one one the resident experts logs in.

Comment

• Den82
        Career Member
        • Jan 17, 2011

No boxes.

I do not know much about the 5" figures and eBay prices are all over the place. That really isn't too much of an issue though. The issue is I cannot figure out how complete they are. I know Dragun is missing the fist and I believe there are a few other pieces missing, but no matter how much I mentioned it, he kept insisting "it's all there". I hate arguing with people who swear by something I know is not true. He seems like a hard nut to crack, so I might just pass on them.

Comment

• MPM1972
          Museum Patron
          • Jan 23, 2012

They all look like first release figures. Dragun has Mazinga's swords in the tray. Poseidon has 1 correct missile (blue) and 2 red. The other 3 in his tray are for Raider - should be 6.

At a little over 25 bucks a pop, I'd be all in. They don't look like they are in bad shape. Bad picture, but that's Craigslist for ya.

http://www.wildtoys.com/shogun/ShogAct/index.asp

Comment

• cjefferys
            Duke of Gloat
            • Apr 23, 2006

Yeah, it looks like some stuff is missing, and it's really hard to tell condition from those crappy pics. If everything had very minimal playwear (pretty tight joints, nice paint, etc) and only a couple pieces were missing, I'd might go as much as $100 for the set.

Comment

• J.B.
              Guild Navigator
              • Jun 23, 2010

Looks like it's just missing Dragun's left fist and 1 missile for Poseidon. That release (the 2nd) of Poseidon came with either 4 black/blue missiles or 4 red ones. (Somewhere down the line, some swappin' went down.) Unfortunately, the 2nd release does not have the movable missile launchers and tank tread feet.

Even if the Poseidon release is not an issue for you, I would still request he knock it down $25 to compensate for the missing Dragun fist.
              You are transparent; I see many things... I see plans within plans.

Comment

• Sowth
                Career Member
                • Mar 14, 2006

Agree with above assessments. Another simple way to spot earlier issues is the colour of the foam insert, the first release ones have a green tinge, later this was replaced with white.
                Toltoys Kid Vintage Australian Toys and Ice Creams

Comment

Working...
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎