X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dreddbatfan
    Museum Super Collector
    • Oct 3, 2008

What other sound effects should I add?

I've been working on a 3 level playset for a superhero that I created and I'm adding sound effects to it.So far I have a Red Alert,Incoming video message and a Incoming Emergency Alert sound.I have room on my sound module for 1 more sound,what one should I add?I tried getting a 30 second talking self destruct countdown sound but I couldn't find any free ones.Let me know what you think that I should add.Thanks and I look forward to you opinions.
  • Operation:Mego
    I'm the Star Spangled Man
    • May 21, 2011

Maybe an "Intruder alert!" or "Incoming fire!" (or just ''incoming''). Where are you getting your sound effects, if may ask?
    sigpic
    The event where the fans are separated from the true fans.

Comment

• mazinz
      Persistent Member
      • Jul 2, 2007

I am not understanding, do you mean actual sounds playing via some sort of electronic device or something like "wall signs" that can "hang" up on the playset sides?
      "What motivated him to throw a puppy at the Hells Angels is currently unclear,"

Starroid Raiders Dagon wrote "No Dime Store Monster left behind"

Comment

• dreddbatfan
        Museum Super Collector
        • Oct 3, 2008

I'm getting the sound effects off the internet and most of them are free mp3 files.These are actual sound files that play through a sound module when you push different buttons.

Comment

• ddgaff1132
          Persistent Member
          • Oct 3, 2007

Originally posted by dreddbatfan
          I'm getting the sound effects off the internet and most of them are free mp3 files.These are actual sound files that play through a sound module when you push different buttons.
          AWESOME!!!! Would a "Welcome home sir..." Like Jarvis, be out of character for your hero's story line. Or how about a standard Yes or NO reply from some computer based voice?
          Check out my picture library of Mego-ish compatible vehicles with ID data.
          MEGO MOTORS

Comment

• mazinz
            Persistent Member
            • Jul 2, 2007

Originally posted by dreddbatfan
            I've been working on a 3 level playset for a superhero that I created and I'm adding sound effects to it.So far I have a Red Alert,Incoming video message and a Incoming Emergency Alert sound.I have room on my sound module for 1 more sound,what one should I add?I tried getting a 30 second talking self destruct countdown sound but I couldn't find any free ones.Let me know what you think that I should add.Thanks and I look forward to you opinions.
            Thanks for clearing that up. Hmm have you tried to make one yourself? I am als sure there are plenty of films that have final countdown in them that might help you out
            "What motivated him to throw a puppy at the Hells Angels is currently unclear,"

Starroid Raiders Dagon wrote "No Dime Store Monster left behind"

Comment

• LonnieFisher
              Eloquent Member
              • Jan 19, 2008

How about an arch nemesis threat?

Comment

• shellhead
                museum rustpot
                • Mar 1, 2007

Danger Will Robinson !
                Chris

Keepin' it Mego-ey !

Comment

• MIB41
                  Eloquent Member
                  • Sep 25, 2005

How about the sound of computers? If he has a fully stocked system, it should make some high tech sounds.

Comment

• dreddbatfan
                    Museum Super Collector
                    • Oct 3, 2008

I have one too many sound effects now and I need to eliminate one.I have a sound where my character says his catch phrase and his theme plays as he transforms into the PHOENIX and there was only room for 4 more sounds.I now have to eliminate one and I was wondering which one I should get rid of?I have a Computer Operating and Keyboard Typing,Incoming Emergency Alert,Incoming Video Message,Intruder Alert & a Red Alert.Which one should go?I wish there was a way that I could put them in this reply and you could play them and let me know which one should go.If there's a way to do it let me know.Thanks for your continued help and I hope to get a lot of replys.
                    Last edited by dreddbatfan; Mar 29, '12, 1:11 PM. Reason: I forgot to add something.

Comment

• MIB41
                      Eloquent Member
                      • Sep 25, 2005

Of the ones you have, I think there is some duplication here. Incoming emergency alert and Red alert seem too close to one another. I think the red alert would facilitate your needs between those two.

Comment

Working...
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎