X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • littlewink
    Museum Patron
    • May 19, 2008

Found my Childhood Toy in my Parents House Today

I found this today under an old piece of furniture my parents have had in their basement since they moved in almost 44 years ago, this piece of furniture has been in the same spot as far as I can remember.

I had a hunch for whatever reason to look under there hoping I would find something, I could not see anything so I took some pics with my Blackberry and noticed what looked like Pterosaurs. I fished out the toy, cleaned it up and this is what found:

It looks to be from the mid 70s, Dinosaur collectibles were pretty hot in the 70s because of the show Land of the Lost, it measures 2.5 inches wide and 1.5 inches high, glows in the dark(another 70s toy bonus feature). I think it is cereal premium. On the back of the wings it reads "Procorp" "Taiwan".

I am hoping somebody could help identify this toy for me, if it is what I am hoping it is it will be the only original childhood toy I have left.
    Last edited by littlewink; Mar 24, '12, 7:28 PM.
  • toys2cool
    Ultimate Mego Warrior
    • Nov 27, 2006

no idea what it is, but congrats on finding it
    "Time to nut up or shut up" -Tallahassee

http://ultimatewarriorcollection.webs.com/
    My stuff on facebook Incompatible Browser | Facebook

Comment

• vulcan2074
      Live Long and Prosper
      • Mar 23, 2008

Congrats! It's always nice to find toys from our childhood.
      Sammy

Comment

• MegoMark71
        Permanent Member
        • Dec 18, 2008

Never seen it before in my life. I think every boy goes through a dinosaur and shark phase as kids.

Comment

• Figuremod73
          That 80's guy
          • Jul 27, 2011

Good find. Hey, dont feel bad, I dont even have that much left from my childhood. Everything i've acquired is copies, but they still hold good memories.

Comment

• Werewolf
            Inhuman
            • Jul 14, 2003

Congrats! That is so cool. I wonder if it's from Fruity or Coco Pebbles? I seem to remember them having toy Dinosaur premiums.
            You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• littlewink
              Museum Patron
              • May 19, 2008

I am just hoping that it is in fact something that I owned as a child, if it came from a set, I would luv to see the rest of them, hopefully somebody on this site can identify it. I did find a dinosaur collectble site yesterday but their was no year associated with it. Come on people, your my only hope

Comment

• mazinz
                Persistent Member
                • Jul 2, 2007

I never saw that but he looks super cool.

I found this which does prove he was a cereal premium of some sort. It is listed half way down this page:

http://www.dinosauriana.com/premiums.htm
                "What motivated him to throw a puppy at the Hells Angels is currently unclear,"

Starroid Raiders Dagon wrote "No Dime Store Monster left behind"

Comment

• littlewink
                  Museum Patron
                  • May 19, 2008

Originally posted by mazinz
                  I never saw that but he looks super cool.

I found this which does prove he was a cereal premium of some sort. It is listed half way down this page:

http://www.dinosauriana.com/premiums.htm
                  That is the site I had found as well, thank you for posting. I wish their was a year associated with this toy : (

Comment

• MIB41
                    Eloquent Member
                    • Sep 25, 2005

I just LOVE hearing stories like this. Great find!

Comment

• Neutron X
                      Persistent Member
                      • Dec 22, 2007

Looks like a 70s cereal prize to me.

Comment

• littlewink
                        Museum Patron
                        • May 19, 2008

Originally posted by Figuremod73
                        Good find. Hey, dont feel bad, I dont even have that much left from my childhood. Everything i've acquired is copies, but they still hold good memories.
                        This would be the only piece from my childhood if I can identify it. I also have acquired copies since most of my stuff was sold or given away years ago.

I am waiting to tell my older brother about this because he will probably say it was his : ). As children, cereal with premiums, well, we would fight for them, knowing my brother, he most likely found the toy first, I asked him to see it, I grabbed it, we wrestled for it and I whipped it at him, he ducked or moved out of the way and it landed underneath that large piece of furniture never to be seen again until last weekend.

We will have some good laughs about it and who knows, he might even remember this toy and what cereal it came from.

Comment

Working...
                        😀
                        🥰
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😡
                        👍
                        👎