Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sci Fi Trivia: The Joker's skin color change..

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • hobub
    Ghost of a Dead Indian
    • Jun 18, 2001

Sci Fi Trivia: The Joker's skin color change..

Fact or Fiction..

Check out this video. I've heard stories from my dad about this phenomenon but never have I seen it until Today.

He always told me when I was a kid not to bite the thermometer when I had my temperature taken or I'd turn blue. He knew of someone who did. Silver also has this effect.
  • danadoll
    Micronaut Nut!
    • Apr 11, 2005

Mercury is very toxic....You may not die if you injested the contents of a thermometer (not to mention swallowing the glass shards...LOL), but it would certainly make you ill and may even cause other health problems...I'm not sure about the turning blue thing.

The blue gentleman from the link injested Coloidal Silver, which would also be toxic in very large doses (causing organ damage and more...), but it's not near as toxic as Mercury. He may still experience organ damage and other health issues (even though he claims to be in good health, currently)...It all depends on how much he's ingested and if he's still taking it or not. BTW: He states he rubbed it all over his face/skin as well as ingesting it.

Any heavy metal is toxic...Lead, Mercury, Gold, Silver, etc...
    Last edited by danadoll; Jan 9, '08, 3:30 AM.
    "Do you want a doll?" Kurt

Comment

• hobub
      Ghost of a Dead Indian
      • Jun 18, 2001

Hey thanks for the reply. I'm sure Mercury would have the same effect. My dad is a rather logical person and isn't one to make things up. I probably posted this in the wrong place but I was just thinking, wow, perhaps they could write something into a comic or sci fi where some bad person was dipped into a vat of Coloidal Silver or something that changed him physically and pushed him over the edge. Just a thought.

Oh and by the way, I know the difference between blue and white but I still thought it might be a cool thought.

Comment

Working...
      😀
      🥰
      🤢
      😎
      😡
      👍
      👎