Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

FORBIDDEN: Has anybody had a problem with this?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • filmation batman fan
    The Man of Many Voices
    • Aug 30, 2005

FORBIDDEN: Has anybody had a problem with this?

I've had serious trouble trying to access the new forum. After the hassle with the username and password, I can access the main site but when I click on forums, I get this white screen with the word: FORBIDDEN in big letters. Under it is some small print saying "you do not have permission to visit this..." whatever. I've gotten this sometimes with a forum topic. But now, it's been keeping me off the forums altogether. Has anybody else had this problem? I'm wondering if it might be some sort of computer glitch? I'll check back on this thread at work. I probably won't be able to get back on here from at home. I just got lucky this time.
    Cheers.
  • ABMAC
    User
    • May 16, 2002

It sounds like the AOL problem that's been reported before. If you're using the AOL browser, switch to an independent one.

Comment

• Hulk
      Mayor of Megoville
      • May 10, 2003

Also make sure that you responded directly to the email verification you received when first logging on to the new forum. It seems like you can sometimes post but run into problems if you haven't done this.

Comment

• apes3978
        Permanent Member
        • Nov 19, 2005

Originally posted by filmation batman fan

I've had serious trouble trying to access the new forum. After the hassle with the username and password, I can access the main site but when I click on forums, I get this white screen with the word: FORBIDDEN in big letters. Under it is some small print saying "you do not have permission to visit this..." whatever. I've gotten this sometimes with a forum topic. But now, it's been keeping me off the forums altogether. Has anybody else had this problem? I'm wondering if it might be some sort of computer glitch? I'll check back on this thread at work. I probably won't be able to get back on here from at home. I just got lucky this time.
        Cheers.
        *** Yes, I have had that problems many, many times... It's even worse here on the new forums... On the old one, I'd usually just be "forbidden" from The Marketplace (and once in awhile, all of the Forums...)

But, with this new Forum, I've been totally "forbidden", just as you've described... As a matte of fact, I am "forbidden" right now if I try to go one thru AOL...

My only advice is, if you have Internet Explorer, that may be the way you'll have to access the Museum...

Comment

• JDeRouen
          Author of Small Things
          • Jun 14, 2001

AOL doesn't give their users specific IP addresses, and I think it might have something to do with that.
          --
          Order Small Things, my contemporary fantasy novel featuring Megos, at http://joederouen.com/?page_id=176

Comment

Working...
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎