X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Fire Marshal Bill
    Career Member
    • Jul 25, 2010

Help identify SMDM Bionic Transport part

Got this Bionic Transport and Repair Station the other day and it didn't come with the instruction sheet. Does anyone know what the blue strip in the middle of the pic does and/or where it goes? Thanks!

Vintage Toy Rescue
    1614-B N State Hwy 161
    Grand Prairie, TX 75050
    (972) 740-4424

www.vintagetoyrescue.com
  • torgospizza
    Theocrat of Pan Tang
    • Aug 19, 2010

Yeah, I can tell you exactly where it goes. Open up the blue cover (the one on the backside of the rocket, same level as the window) and the blue strip lays in there over the posts for the knobs. Once you put it in, put the knobs over the posts, then slide the discs over the knobs. So far as I can tell, the order they go in (with the nose pointing right) is orange/green, yellow/orange, green/yellow. Now, just pop the bigger blue cover over the knobs and you're set! If you have any more questions or if I confused you, just ask!
    Last edited by torgospizza; Mar 22, '12, 10:46 PM.

Comment

• Fire Marshal Bill
      Career Member
      • Jul 25, 2010

You know, I had it in that spot once. It actually fell out of that location when I removed the blue cover, but everything kinda just flew outta there when I did it . When I set it back there and then put the knobs in, the knobs sort of seated down in the blue strip and it appeared that they wouldn't be able to spin with it that way . Aren't the white knobs supposed to spin the cardboard discs around?
      Vintage Toy Rescue
      1614-B N State Hwy 161
      Grand Prairie, TX 75050
      (972) 740-4424

www.vintagetoyrescue.com

Comment

• torgospizza
        Theocrat of Pan Tang
        • Aug 19, 2010

Originally posted by Fire Marshal Bill
        When I set it back there and then put the knobs in, the knobs sort of seated down in the blue strip and it appeared that they wouldn't be able to spin with it that way . Aren't the white knobs supposed to spin the cardboard discs around?
        You had it right, man! Yeah, it looks like it won't let the knobs turn, but it has enough give they will--it just gives some resistance so they stay where you have them dialed. The knobs are hexagonal, so just click past the point back to the flat side and you're good! Give it a shot--I promise it won't break, and you'll see what I mean.

Comment

Working...
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍
        👎