X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • spacecaps
    Second Mouse
    • Aug 24, 2011

Resident Evil ORC Gets Bad Reviews

Anyone actually play this game yet? I still haven't picked up my preorder yet (thanks to my TRU not getting the game) but the reviews that came out on Operation Raccoon City make the game sound down right terrible. I'm wondering if U shouldn't even bother with it now and just grab it when the inevitable price drop comes along.
    "Many Shubs and Zuuls knew what it was to be roasted in the depths of the Sloar that day I can tell you."
  • ZICA
    Persistent Member
    • May 7, 2006

Originally posted by spacecaps
    Anyone actually play this game yet? I still haven't picked up my preorder yet (thanks to my TRU not getting the game) but the reviews that came out on Operation Raccoon City make the game sound down right terrible. I'm wondering if U shouldn't even bother with it now and just grab it when the inevitable price drop comes along.
    I got the game today and played it for a couple of hours. It's got a few issues but for the most part I think it's a lot of fun, especially if you're able to play online with a few buddies.

Comment

• nazgul
      Lord of Light
      • May 2, 2011

I just picked it up today, it seems pretty cool. I only played for a little while though. But you should definatly pick it up....I need someone to play with
      You will always be your child's favorite toy. ~Vicki Lansky

Comment

• 4NDR01D
        Alpha Centauri....OR DIE!
        • Jan 22, 2008

I couldn't play the 5th one, something about the over the shoulder camera/aiming. I remember playing the very first one after drinking a pot of coffee. if they could create a game that wracked my nerves like that again, I'd buy it in a second.

Comment

• spacecaps
          Second Mouse
          • Aug 24, 2011

Originally posted by 4NDR01D
          I couldn't play the 5th one, something about the over the shoulder camera/aiming. I remember playing the very first one after drinking a pot of coffee. if they could create a game that wracked my nerves like that again, I'd buy it in a second.
          Thats been the big knock on the RE Series of late. It used to be a survival horror/strategy game but now it's more like an A to B Zombie shooter. RE 1 & 2 would scare the crap out of me and the first time you played them, you didn't know what was going to come out where. They've really gotten away from all that and when the do try to surprise you, their format is so predictable, you can see the scare coming from a mile away. The whole figure the puzzle out has become more of a move these boxes from here to there type of chore too. I did like the last one, RE 5, that came out a few years ago and played it to death but I ended up renting this one from the Red Box and played it for a few hours. The review were right....the game does suck a bunch but that seems to be the case with all the RE side games that get released. The numbered ones really don't disappoint in terms of play value so I'm hoping the actual new Resident Evil 6, which is the actual new sequel coming out this fall, is way better than REORC.
          "Many Shubs and Zuuls knew what it was to be roasted in the depths of the Sloar that day I can tell you."

Comment

Working...
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎