X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • GaryPlaysWithDolls
    Mighty Man/Monster Maker
    • Aug 14, 2007

Man-bat Mego with B:tas figure head?

I was just wondering if anyone ever made a Man-bat mego using the Batman: The Animated Series head (or parts). Just curious. I'm surprised that, as far as I know, nobody offers Man-bat parts.

(My wife laughs everytime I mention Man-bat. Don't know why.

Mina is the world's first Paranormal Petsitter in the new middle-grade book series by Gary Buettner, MONSTER PETS, coming in FALL 2014 from EMBY KIDS. Spooky adventure that's perfect reading for kids 8-12
    https://www.facebook.com/monsterpetsbooks?ref=hl
  • thunderbolt
    Hi Ernie!!!
    • Feb 15, 2004

I've seen one done that way, way too small and out of proportion. I've got a bat I picked up at Halloween that is eventually going to be Man-Bat.
    You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• wayne foundation 07
      Time to feed the cat
      • Dec 30, 2007

You mean like this, he's mine from a couple years ago

Comment

• madmarva
        Talkative Member
        • Jul 7, 2007

Check our Brian Leitner's site. He does a very mego-like version of the character. The wings might not be what you want, but the head is nice, particularly with a creative paint job.

Comment

• GaryPlaysWithDolls
          Mighty Man/Monster Maker
          • Aug 14, 2007

Leitner's is nice. I really like the wings. I built up a whole Man-bat-type figure for my Owlman from the Secret Saturdays.

Mina is the world's first Paranormal Petsitter in the new middle-grade book series by Gary Buettner, MONSTER PETS, coming in FALL 2014 from EMBY KIDS. Spooky adventure that's perfect reading for kids 8-12

Comment

• thunderbolt
            Hi Ernie!!!
            • Feb 15, 2004

well, just use that recipe and sculpt it over a Mego Wolfman head.
            You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Cosmicman
              Permanent Member
              • Jul 12, 2005

I did mine after being influenced by Wayne Foundation's.
              I made the legs longer and crafted the feet to look more "batty" out of sculpty. Yes, the head is way too small but it does look pretty slick. Until I see anything bigger that's the one that is currently hanging in mid air above everyone.

Compared to one of many "Batmen" in the collection...

I tried to make the pants look gnarly and ripped up. I did this Manbat awhile ago.
              Last edited by Cosmicman; Mar 22, '12, 11:10 AM.
              More custom Mego madness on Facebook right here...

Comment

• ODBJBG
                Permanent Member
                • May 15, 2009

Why not use the DCUC Man-Bat for parts?

Comment

• GaryPlaysWithDolls
                  Mighty Man/Monster Maker
                  • Aug 14, 2007

I noticed Man-Bat's head is always TINY compared to the figure that its on. Huge body, little head. Weird, huh? I keep thinking I'm going to find something at Halloween to use, but I never do.

Owlman was kind of a pain in the next to put together. I have a feeling of "been there, done that" about the whole thing. (And I had a good head for that one!)

Comment

• Cosmicman
                    Permanent Member
                    • Jul 12, 2005

Originally posted by ODBJBG
                    Why not use the DCUC Man-Bat for parts?

http://www.thefwoosh.com/wp-content/.../102109027.jpg
                    If I knew the size of the head, wings and chest I would probably order it but since I can't see what it really is I probably would be setting myself up for a big disappointment.
                    The Man-Bat I made came from a toy box filled with Batman/DC/X-Men and Marvel spare parts and figures so I knew it would work after seeing Wayne Foundation 007's figure.

The head is too small? Yes it is but until I find a bigger head or something else, I mainly just keep my Man-Bat segregated from the rest of the figures and have him flying from the ceiling in the corner of the room with all the Megos. He's now on a clear fishing line material (as you can see).

Unless you've seen BTAS or read Batman books before 1987, most people don't have a clue who Man-Bat is. So he just flaps away all by himself from the corner ceiling of the room. Very lonely world it is for him.
                    More custom Mego madness on Facebook right here...

Comment

Working...
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎