X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Wtrailer
    • Feb 11, 2012

Rebuilding your childhood

Greetings all,

The majority of my toy collection is vintage Star Wars but I have found myself picking up other items I had as a child. I used to think I was just a Star Wars guy but I'm beginning to see it's all about nostalgia for me. Right now I'm working on Megos. Just bought a Batman and Robin. All that's left is Spidey and Hulk and a few 12" versions and I'll have the ones I had as a kid. I would also like to get the Remco Frankenstein doll and the Creature action figure, Remco Spiderman, some rack toys, MOTU, G1 Transformers, the list goes on and on... So have any of you reassembled your lost toy collections from your youth? Later on down the road, if I ever have the space, I'm going to display all of this stuff in an office area ala Ray Bradbury's office/work space shown during the opening of his tv show

WT
  • Captain Big Trousers
    Veteran Member
    • Jan 14, 2012

My childhood toy collection was fairly easy to replace: One helicopter pilot Action Man, one Fighting Furies Cap'n Peg Leg, one Mego Ivanhoe (CTVT remake), 30 odd 1970s Matchbox cars...

How to explain the rest... that's the question. You'd have to talk to my (non-existent) therapist.
    Even My Henchmen Think I'm Crazy.

Comment

• Kotter
      Museum Super Collector
      • Dec 23, 2011

I don't know if I can trust my memory very well (even though I am only 38). I know I had a lot of Star Wars and pocket heroes, and at least a handful of megos (Batman, Superman, Spiderman and Hulk). I also remember having Stretch Armstrong.

So, yes, I have been rebuilding that "collection" but I am probably embelishing some of what I had, and forgetting plenty of thingd as well.
      sigpic

SEEKING
      Original Batman Gloves
      Mego Cards: Superman, Batman, Aquaman
      Early World's Finest Comics

Comment

• MightyMegs
        Veteran Member
        • Jan 5, 2009

I have the most fun rebuilding my childhood, by getting all the things I wanted as a kid, but couldn't have.

Comment

• Figuremod73
          That 80's guy
          • Jul 27, 2011

Yea, im trying to rebuild some of it. MOTU might be possible but I dont think i'll be able to get even half of the Transformers or Heman knockoffs that i use to have. Opening a mail package is kinda fun. Sometimes I wish I didnt know what figure I was getting,lol.

Comment

• HardyGirl
            Mego Museum's Poster Girl
            • Apr 3, 2007

I thought that was a requirement to membership on MM!

Yes, my toyroom is a tribute to my childhood, plus some other things I wanted then and never got. And not just toys; kiddie records, books, comic books, trading cards, and since some of my clothes are in the toyroom closet, some pop culture t-shirts, and my Shaun Cassidy collection.
            Last edited by HardyGirl; Mar 16, '12, 1:22 PM.
            "Do you believe, you believe in magic?
            'Cos I believe, I believe that I do,
            Yes, I can see I believe that it's magic
            If your mission is magic your love will shine true."

Comment

• MIB41
              Eloquent Member
              • Sep 25, 2005

Have I reassembled my childhood toys? Absolutely. I took what I had left and added everything back from there. Completed entire sets I never owned and on it went. I then took it from figures to vintage holiday items (Christmas & Halloween) to records, to erasers, to shampoo containers, to Crazy Foam. Eh... if it ever held any charm for me at all, I went after it. And I wonder why I have to remodel my basement?

Comment

• starsky
                veteran member
                • Aug 26, 2007

yeah, i've pretty much rebuilt it and then added all the other stuff i couldnt get for whatever reason. i've always remembered what i've circled in those dept store catalogs from when i was a kid and have sought them all out over the years.

Comment

• Bionic Joe
                  Persistent Member
                  • Dec 10, 2006

i believe that rebuliding our childhood toy collection is pretty much a part of the reason why everyone is here to start with
                  and aslo seems to be the reason a lot of us as collect comicbooks, sports cards, non sports cards, records etc etc
                  I think we all want to regain our childhood i know every time i see or pickup a 8 inch MEGO MR Spock i'm taking back in time to 1975 a time when life was so much more simpler

Comment

• Bruce Banner
                    HULK SMASH!
                    • Apr 3, 2010

Managed to keep hold of pretty much all my childhood SW stuff, so these days the quest for me is rebuilding my old Mego collection, particularly Comic Action Hero stuff.
                    PUNY HUMANS!

Comment

• toys2cool
                      Ultimate Mego Warrior
                      • Nov 27, 2006

i always try and find everything I had as a kid....even the cheap stuff...it's just fun trying to get it all back
                      "Time to nut up or shut up" -Tallahassee

http://ultimatewarriorcollection.webs.com/
                      My stuff on facebook Incompatible Browser | Facebook

Comment

Working...
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎