X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Type Two
    Career Member
    • Sep 20, 2010

Why I will never become a vintage Captain Action collector

This is for an Action Boy outfit. Yeah. Just the outfit. Not the accessories or the mask.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&_trksid=p4340.l2557&rt=nc&n ma=true&item=360433812318&si=6D6n7HXhGb2QwMBzGpkYz 77on1o%253D&viewitem=&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc
    Type Two: The Mego body, not the disease.
  • Splitty
    Career Member
    • Jan 25, 2012

Holy COW! That's insane.
    I gots Toyyyyzzzzz

Comment

• rche
      channeling Bob Wills
      • Mar 26, 2008

that is sort of odd. A complete Robin outfit with mask and accessories is usually in the 600-700 range. Not sure why someone would bid just the jumper up that high.

I thought you were going to post the Silver Streak parts car that just went for 125+. I was hoping to get some wheels off of that beast. I guess I am still hoping.

Comment

• HardyGirl
        Mego Museum's Poster Girl
        • Apr 3, 2007

That's just plain NUTS!!
        "Do you believe, you believe in magic?
        'Cos I believe, I believe that I do,
        Yes, I can see I believe that it's magic
        If your mission is magic your love will shine true."

Comment

• rche
          channeling Bob Wills
          • Mar 26, 2008

I suspect a relist due to non paying bidder

Comment

• Blue Meanie
            Banned
            • Jun 23, 2001

Yeah...I wouldn't worry about the Captain Action Outfits. Something is fishy in that auction. For about another 100 bucks you can get a complete CA Robin all original. CA is a lot more affordable then Megos...trust me. You just have to want to put in the time looking for the parts. Don't think I've spent more then 75 bucks to complete the CA figures I have. The toughest one you will probably run into would be Spiderman's outfit. That auction is a complete fluke.

Comment

• Type Two
              Career Member
              • Sep 20, 2010

Hmmm. Interesting information, folks. Thank you.

Comment

• Type Two
                Career Member
                • Sep 20, 2010

UPDATE!

You almost had me believing! LOL!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Captain-Action-Ideal-1967-Set-Batman-Pal-Robin-RARE-VERSION-Gree-/120878069833?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1c24e4 f849

Comment

• rche
                  channeling Bob Wills
                  • Mar 26, 2008

while L and L typically have some fine items; they are not known as a place for bargain basement shopping. From what I have seen on their site, they tend to have premium items for premium prices. A grand for a Robin set w/o a box is still too much. At least for the current economy.

Comment

• palitoy
                    live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                    • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by rche
                    while L and L typically have some fine items; they are not known as a place for bargain basement shopping. From what I have seen on their site, they tend to have premium items for premium prices.
                    Unless they want to purchase something, oh brother, is that a 180 degree shift.
                    Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                    http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• MIB41
                      Eloquent Member
                      • Sep 25, 2005

Market values shift alot though. At the time I negotiated a trade for the Robin set I got, the mask, outfit and such were going for about $240 to $275. And those were auctions I had watched just days and weeks before I made my deal. And they looked just like that example selling for $999.00. So I traded Mego figures comparable to that current value and everyone was happy. I think this spike is due to the fact alot of CA Robin items became sparse on the auction markets for a while and collectors got skittish about them perhaps becoming ultra rare. I don't believe anyone will pay a grand for that outfit though. It's been wild to see them going for what they have. Roughly double from a year ago. But you know what? That will settle down and they'll go back to what they were. I have no doubts. In the collector business, patience is the key. Values always fluctuate. So if they're too pricey now, just wait. They'll come back down. And no. I will never sell my Robin set. I had one when I was a little kid and lost it before I even became a teenager. It took me into my mid 40's to get another one. I won't be letting go for any price.

Comment

• RickD
                        Persistent Member
                        • Aug 31, 2011

CA outfits are easier to get and shouldn't cost too much money. It is the accessories that are the hardest to get and bring the most value.

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                          Muddling through
                          • Oct 4, 2008

the action boy sets tend to go for more in general, i guess because not as many are out there. you can get the CA sets fairly cheap....except Spidey, Green Hornet and Buck Rogers.....I actually got started on CAP about 2 or 3 years ago because I stumled on an auction of costumes and parts and won it for like 12.00....got 3 Supers costuimes(2 are beaters), 2 phantom(1 is beater, flash gordon suit, mask and gun, Supers belt and some Lone ranger stuff including the mask. from there i had to get more...LOL
                          but as said it is tracking down all the accessories that is hard. i am happy just to display the figure in the outfit and mask and don't worry much about all the accessories....unless i find them real cheap. which does happen if you are patient and persistent

Comment

• The Batman Professor
                            Veteran Member
                            • Jul 15, 2010

Hell, I didn't pay that much for my Silver Streak two years ago.
                            sigpicSWEAR TO ME!

Comment

• Type Two
                              Career Member
                              • Sep 20, 2010

Thanks, guys. You give me hope that I might be able to pick up a semi-complete Robin set for under $500 someday.

I admit, I've been trolling eBay for a month or so trying to pick up the basics for an affordable price: suit, mask, boots, gloves, belt & a batarang. That's all I want.

I'll keep looking. Who knows? I might hit a BIN with my number on it!

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎