X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • orangecrayon
    • Dec 6, 2011

Paint Colors?

Hi guys!

New to Mego Customization and so excited to learn! Thank you to everyone who provided such amazing information on this in the Customization Section of Mego Museum! Wow!

Looking for some sort of list of accurate colors to use... ie. What color is "Spiderman Red"? What color is the right skin tone? etc...

Can anyone help?

Shannon & Rick in GA
  • ctc
    Fear the monkeybat!
    • Aug 16, 2001

>Looking for some sort of list of accurate colors to use... ie. What color is "Spiderman Red"? What color is the right skin tone?

Hmmmm.... that covers a lot of ground. I'd say try out a lot of different paints; I use all kinds of brands and types for making things. For the most part, acrylics work best, especially those made for gaming minis like the Games Workshop, P3, Reaper brands. Testors model master acrylics (ACRYLICS; not the enamels!) aren't bad, but they're a bit thin. Model Master silver is the best brush on metalic I've found though. Testor's spray varnish is good for sealing the finished product.

For matching colours you'll have to go the trial and error route. (One of the advantages of using a variety of stuff.) Most companies make a good generic Spiderman-esque red. The gaming companies make a variety of skin tones too.

Don C.

Comment

Working...
    😀
    🥰
    🤢
    😎
    😡
    👍
    👎