X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Wee67
    Museum Correspondent
    • Apr 2, 2002

Yesterday's Wallpaer- Today!

My wife would kick me out if I suggested it, but check out some of the groooovy wallpaer from this UK company. If I had a huge house with a couple extra rooms and an endless budget...

RETRO AND FEATURE WALLS,

And flocked!!!

WANTED - Solid-Boxed WGSH's, C.8 or better.
  • wayne foundation 07
    Time to feed the cat
    • Dec 30, 2007

Just think at one time some Housewife spent days looking through books of wallpaper to pick that out back in the 70's.Somethings should stay dead and buried.

Comment

• Captain Big Trousers
      Veteran Member
      • Jan 14, 2012

Wow, some of those are really (retro-)cool. And some are truly hideous.

I'm currently restoring some retro furniture* and getting my kicks out of this blog: Retro Renovation

* My latest eBay win - the 87¢ swivel/rocker!

I think the fabric must have scared all other bidders away (it's going ).
      Even My Henchmen Think I'm Crazy.

Comment

• HardyGirl
        Mego Museum's Poster Girl
        • Apr 3, 2007

Oh man, I love that brown, orange and yellow pattern. One day when I move from my brother's house and get my own home, it's gonna be SO retro!
        "Do you believe, you believe in magic?
        'Cos I believe, I believe that I do,
        Yes, I can see I believe that it's magic
        If your mission is magic your love will shine true."

Comment

• 4NDR01D
          Alpha Centauri....OR DIE!
          • Jan 22, 2008

I've got a retro wallpaper look going in my "tropical/Tiki" themed living room, but I used a vinyl stick on called "wall pops" to create the look.

Comment

• 4NDR01D
            • Jan 22, 2008

Originally posted by Captain Big Trousers
            Wow, some of those are really (retro-)cool. And some are truly hideous.

I'm currently restoring some retro furniture* and getting my kicks out of this blog: Retro Renovation

* My latest eBay win - the 87¢ swivel/rocker!

I think the fabric must have scared all other bidders away (it's going ).
            Is that Teak?

Comment

• Rallygirl
              Kitsch rules!
              • May 31, 2008

Before I got married, I lived in a house that was a converted 1920's cottage. In 1950 a couple bought it and began adding a room every time they had a child. By the time I bought it in the mid 1990s, it was fabulous in a horrible kind of way. It had all these odd shaped rooms and a mix of 1950s, 60s and 70s styles.

I was the proud owner of a 50s blue bathroom, complete with blue toilet, blue sink, and blue bathtub. One bedroom had orange shag carpet, beaded curtains, an orange conical gas fireplace and string art on the walls. Another bedroom was Pepto pink. A third had hideous 1970s brown and tan mod wallpaper. I LOVED it!

I bought furniture at flea markets, and garage sales and lived in pure unadulterated tackiness! Man, when I look around the boring, beige box that I currently live in, I miss that house. If I could buy an older house and redo it all in late 60s-early 70s, I would jump all over that.
              sigpic

Comment

• 4NDR01D
                • Jan 22, 2008

My wife's sense of style has totally rubbed off on me since we met 8 years ago. When we built our house, we came to the agreement that I would get the basement to myself and to decorate anyway I wanted, and she would get the 2nd and 3rd floor to do the same.
                She started showing me these weird sputnik lamps she was ordering for the living room and I thought she was crazy, then she showed me the retro 50's style pink fridge and stove she had on order and that confirmed it.
                After a while I was getting more into it, and started getting jealous of her flea market pick-ups, and a lot of her stuff started to make it's way down to my basement.
                I've been meaning to do a retro furniture/electronic thread for a while now, but I get so anal about dumb stuff like dust and if my plants look like they need water that I can never bring myself to show pics.

Comment

• 4NDR01D
                  • Jan 22, 2008

Comment

• pooper_prez
                    Museum Patron
                    • Sep 20, 2007

You would have loved our living room during my mom's "ultra modern" decorating phase in the early 70's. One wall covered with lime-green tree silhouettes on a white background. Bright yellow naugahyde overstuffed chairs that could be put together to make a sort of couch or loveseat. Clear glass coffee and end tables with shiny chrome legs. All swimming in a sea of avocado green shag carpeting. It was happening, let me tell you.

Comment

• 4NDR01D
                      • Jan 22, 2008

Originally posted by pooper_prez
                      You would have loved our living room during my mom's "ultra modern" decorating phase in the early 70's. One wall covered with lime-green tree silhouettes on a white background. Bright yellow naugahyde overstuffed chairs that could be put together to make a sort of couch or loveseat. Clear glass coffee and end tables with shiny chrome legs. All swimming in a sea of avocado green shag carpeting. It was happening, let me tell you.
                      That sounds awesome! I had some shag rugs but had to get rid of them as my cats and dogs were ruining them. I then had a real zebra skin that was given to me, but I gave it to our neighbour who has an African theme going on.

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7065/6...db1882f6_z.jpg

Just in-case anybody's interested. They're great for baby/kids rooms as those seem to be the ones that undergo the most changes in a short amount of time.

Comment

Working...
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎