Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mgdice
    • Mar 7, 2012

No Neck - Any Advice?

I have several soft, hollow heads (and no neck plugs) from this Mego-like series (M E G O L I K E . c o m ::: collectible action figure gallery). I want to get them onto very poseable male bodies (which I guess have no neck plug either?) for diarama, display, and some stop motion videos. Does anyone have any suggestions for me - keep in mind I have absolutely no handy/hobby skills whatsoever. In fact, if you know someone that does this kind of work, that would be great as well... Thanks!
  • sprytel
    Talkative Member
    • Jun 26, 2009

If you are looking for an "easy" fix, there is a tutorial here:

CustoMego

Personally I don't like the "lip" this creates at the base of the neck.

Comment

• mgdice
      • Mar 7, 2012

Oh jeez OK I'm sorry I didn't see this, and I understand your point about the "lip". So I suppose if I wanted to try this method, I should pick up a handful of inexpensive heads. Since I have to use very poseable bodies, I was going to pick up some of the new Mego-like bodies rather than the original ones. Any suggestions? Thanks already for your help.

Comment

• nazgul
        Lord of Light
        • May 2, 2011

Something I've done is use an unmelted hot glue stick...the bigger one. I'm not sure of the exact size. But anyway, they fit perfectly into the neck hole on the body of a mego figure. Then all you have to do to attatch it to the head is heat up one end of it a bit and it'll adhere to the base of the head no prob.
        You will always be your child's favorite toy. ~Vicki Lansky

Comment

• ctc
          Fear the monkeybat!
          • Aug 16, 2001

Hmmmm....

You can probably find a dowel that'll fit the neck hole on the body, and the hole in a hollow head. If you REALLY need posability, find a dowel wider than the hole in the head: as wide as the neck itself, sand it down so's you get a rivet shaped part that'll fit the hole, with the other end flush with the head and rounded. Add a tiny eyebolt and you can run a string from the hips to the eyebolt at the bottom of the neck.

Don C.

Comment

Working...
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎