X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rche
    channeling Bob Wills
    • Mar 26, 2008

Lili Ledy Star Wars boot and cloth goods comparisons

Feel free to post any LL outfit/accessory pics or questions in this thread.

OK, here are some shots and comparisons of the Tuskin Raider and Darth Vader boots.

The TR boot looks like a Mego Iron Man boot in brown. It is cut to have a point at the top front.
    The DV boots are flat across the top. Again, like an IM boot but black. Han also has black boots, tho his have a scalloped cut with a mild peak at the front and back. I forgot to take a pic of these, but perhaps Chris can give us a shot of his boxed Han boots when he gets his camera back.

• cjefferys
    Duke of Gloat
    • Apr 23, 2006

Great idea, rche! I'll take pics of my Han's boots after I bum a camera off my parents this weekend. But yes, Han's look like the Tusken Raider's boots, only black. My Luke has boots like Vader's but the Luke figure normally has brown boots, I'm not sure if they are pointed in the front like the Raider's. And I'm still not sure if someone switched boots on my Luke, or if some Lukes were sold with black boots. There are enough examples of Lukes with black boots out there to make that possible.

I forget, does the Jawa have boots like the Hasbro Charlies Angels? (considering that his body was based on theirs).

Comment

• stabilio
      Persistent Member
      • Feb 10, 2002

Comment

• stabilio
        Persistent Member
        • Feb 10, 2002

I've not seen the variation mentioned of the Han boots. All the ones I have handled have had the same boots as Vader. I'd be interested to see a photo.

Comment

• rche
          channeling Bob Wills
          • Mar 26, 2008

Yes. Like the LL Charlies Angels. I have had sellers try to convince me that sometimes things got mixed up in the LL factory and the Jawas had different colored boots (i.e. the CA boots rather than brown) but I find that pretty hard to believe. I have yet to be presented with a Jawa that was all original AND had CA boots. Most times there is a mix of repro; usually a total repro on a legit body.

Comment

• rche
            channeling Bob Wills
            • Mar 26, 2008

thanks, Stabilio

It would be great to see a comparison of the LL Charlies Angel boots if anyone has any LL CA. As I said, I have had some sellers present items with colored versions of the boots on them, but I did not purchase them. And I haven't gotten much past the LL mego heroes and the LL Star Wars to want to purchase any Charlies Angels figures.

Comment

• rche
              channeling Bob Wills
              • Mar 26, 2008

Han boots

Comment

• stabilio
                Persistent Member
                • Feb 10, 2002

Interesting. The two don't seem to match.

Upon closer inspection of Han boots, I do see a similar "U" shape to the side profile view as shown in the picture above of the single boot. Albeit a much more subtle "U" shape, it is there on both sides of each of the 2 boots, and creating a subtle "point" at the front and rear views.

The single black boot in the comparison grouping next to the Iron Man boot above shows a Vader boot.

Comment

• rche
                  channeling Bob Wills
                  • Mar 26, 2008

they match and the u does not look to be handmade. The u is uniform on both sides of both boots and also fairly uniform (as much as these things can be) between the two boots. The pic may look as if they are different due to the different angles of the legs. I was focusing on just the one boot. I don't really like to take the LL boots on and off too much as I have had foot separations before.

edit: upon much closer examinations, the two boots U cuts are a bit different. One seems to be a little further back on the boot. However, it is very uniform from side to side as well and looks more like some sort of variation from the tooling.
                  Last edited by rche; Mar 7, '12, 5:41 PM.

Comment

• cjefferys
                    Duke of Gloat
                    • Apr 23, 2006

Wow, I don't think my Han boots look like any of those pics. They are pointed at the front top, and then taper down towards the back. Mine came from someone who bought a bunch of the boxed Ledys when the warehouse find was originally offered years ago, so I'm positive mine has had these boots since he came out of the factory. But it certainly looks like variations are possible, we Mego collectors have encountered that kind of thing before.

Oh, and that's a fantastic comparison photo Stabilio, thanks for that!
                    Last edited by cjefferys; Mar 7, '12, 6:03 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎