X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • GaryPlaysWithDolls
    Mighty Man/Monster Maker
    • Aug 14, 2007

Difference between Doc Mego and CTVT?

Not insulting anybody here. Just curious.

Is there a big difference between quality of Doc Mego's stuff and CTVT?

Namely, hero boots, lab coats and maybe body suits.

I know there is a HUGE difference in like bodies and things, but some stuff looks like it could be the same manufacture.

Forgive my ignorance.

Mina is the world's first Paranormal Petsitter in the new middle-grade book series by Gary Buettner, MONSTER PETS, coming in FALL 2014 from EMBY KIDS. Spooky adventure that's perfect reading for kids 8-12
    https://www.facebook.com/monsterpetsbooks?ref=hl
  • captact
    King of Super Queens!
    • Aug 19, 2007

Very understandable my friend,..first, Doc Megos Items are very well made and his bodies are top notch to me, while CTVs bodies arent,..as they tend to brake in a short time, and hard to stand up due to the tight band inside them (but heard that now since they'll make 8"Kiss figures ,..they have now improved their 8" Bodies...but dont know if theyre available yet for sale, only the older ones. As for accessories,..Doc Megos are very well made, some even in China! They have great Super hero and other lines boots, gloves, belts, etc....And CTVs accessories are also very well made too and have a wide variety of weapons, boots, outfits, etc.
    Hope this helps Gary. (and youre not ignorant my friend,..just learning more and more each day).
    Ray

Comment

• rche
      channeling Bob Wills
      • Mar 26, 2008

docs hero boots are all marked and tend to be of a thicker material.
      CTVT boots are sometimes thin, but mostly pretty good. Some of the shoes tend to run smallish for ctvt as they don't seem to be very consistant with the rubber in the molds. There was a discussion about this in the thread where Doc was looking for tennis shoes.

most of the ctvt weapons and accessories - i.e. for the westerns/pirates/robin hood are pretty good and are marked ctv, which is nice for folks that don't like repro.

Some ctvt pants seem to fit a bit weird to me. Also, the older jumpsuits were tight legged and baggy crotch. The newer ctvt cotton jumpers seem pretty good, tho. The tuxedo suit from ctvt is excellent, tho the little buttons for the shirt pop off fairly easily and have to get sewn back on if you are not careful.

Comment

• livnxxxl
        Megoholic RocketScientist
        • Oct 23, 2007

I have bought a lot of stuff from both parties.

For the most part I like the CTVT body suits better. Some of CTVT suits can be a bit of a tighter fit than others at times. No slam to Doc, but his seem to be more sagging and as a result do not fit as well in my experience. Other wise the rest of Doc's stuff is awesome! CTVT weapons and accessories are pretty good to IMO. The only ding I have with CTVT right now is that their earlier bodies were poorly made. Actually two dings if you want to count CTVT not shipping the new KISS figures preorders sooner.

CTVT newer bodies are of better quality than their first initial run. Still Doc's male and female bodies are the best to me as of now. Of course I am waiting for Zica 2.0 to be released so that I can make a comparison.

Just my two cents and you can keep the change for what it is worth.
        Enjoy what you like, and let others enjoy what they like. (C) Azrak 2009

Too much space. Need more toys!

Check out the ever growing Mego like sized vehicles data base.

Comment

• megocrazy
          Museum Trouble Maker
          • Feb 18, 2007

CTVT suits are snugger but on any T2 or DM body they ride low in the crotch. You have to cut the feet in my experience to get them to look right. They are OK for T1 bodies but I still find they ride low. They seem a little thinner in the material too.

Their megolike shoes are no where near as good as Docs. DM shoes are pretty much the same as Mego while CTVT are a soft rubber and they're much too small. They would probably be better on a Lionrock/Titans body. The Hero boots are thinner but OK. The blue ones are almost translucent. Docs are beefy. They are kind of both sides of Mego originals. CTVT are thinner and DM's are thicker.

Their weapons and other stuff are good.
          It's not a doll it's an action figure.

Comment

• jacsfc
            Career Member
            • Aug 2, 2004

Ctvt new cotton bodysuits are the best i have found. The older suits did fit tight in the crotch but that problem has been resolved with the new suits.

Comment

• nobody
              banjo!
              • Jan 26, 2012

The cotton suits that are white don't hold dye very good, I think.

Comment

Working...
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎