X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bo8a_Fett
    Pat Troughton in disguise
    • Nov 21, 2007

Favourite Who companions

We've had favourite Doctors now hows about the loverly ladies and the odd gent, robot etc that have shared the Doc's travels.

Sarah Jane Smith...shall always love her for ever and ever
    Victoria Waterfield...scream for me Vic
    Nyssa...so nice I named my daughter after her
    Ace...mmmmmmmmmm
    Romana 1.....noice
    ENGLISH AND DAMN PROUD OF IT British by birth....English by the grace of God. Yes Jamie...it is big isn't it....
  • ctc
    Fear the monkeybat!
    • Aug 16, 2001

Hmmmm....

Ace has always been my favourite. Zoe is a close second; and I think if I'd seen more episodes with her, Victoria would have been third.

I always liked Harry too, even though he always seemed in way over his head.

Don C.

Comment

• Mikey
      Verbose Member
      • Aug 9, 2001

Hmmmm,
      My list changes from time to time depending on what era of Who i'm "into" a particular month but my top few usually remain the same regardless.
      I did not include any new series people...
      I figured this was a classic thread.

1. Jo Grant ---Love the Pertwee years and to me Jo will always represent the Pertwee years--- and she's pretty too

2. Sarah Jane --- Sarah really is the ultimate lady companion--- and she's pretty too

3. Susan --- (probably the most mysterious "companion" the Doctor ever traveled with--- and she's pretty too

4. Jamie --- Perfect companion for Patrick Troughton--- not very pretty though

5. Nyssa --- I liked her because she wasn't annoying like Tegan --- and yes, she was pretty

6. Ace --- I liked Ace, but a lot of times I couldn't understand her -- she had a strange accent or something--- and yes--- and she's pretty too

7. Romana TWO --- Pretty

8. Zoe --- Kind of Annoying, but still pretty

m
      Last edited by Mikey; Jan 5, '08, 7:19 AM.

Comment

• Bo8a_Fett
        • Nov 21, 2007

4. Jamie --- Perfect companion for Patrick Troughton--- not very pretty though
        He did wear a skirt though
        6. Ace --- I liked Ace, but a lot of times I couldn't understand her -- she had a strange accent or something--- and yes--- and she's pretty too
        She was meant to be streetwise and the language was supposed to reflect that...slight cockney connertations even though she was from perivale.
        Got to meet her a few times socially...Sophie Aldred was and is a very nice woman
        ENGLISH AND DAMN PROUD OF IT British by birth....English by the grace of God. Yes Jamie...it is big isn't it....

Comment

• raider5gt
          Museum Tree Cutter
          • Nov 25, 2007

I liked Leela,Sarah Jane and Romana 2.
          It may of been fun to see Jackie Tyler (Rose's Mum) as a companion for the Dr?Sorry to throw in a new series companion.

Never stand behind a cow when it sneezes.

Comment

• Surfsup
            Silver Chrome Dome
            • Dec 2, 2005

I'm very partial to Martha Jones myself. Sarah-Jane has always been a favourite along with Harry and Jamie too.

Comment

• samurainoir
              Eloquent Member
              • Dec 26, 2006

Leela! k-9.

I always thought Chameleon was a horribe underused concept. Imagine the guest starts that could have had the opportunity for one-off appearances as the Doctor's companion!

I was also fond of The Bride in the last Christmas special. Looking forward to her return.
              My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!

Comment

• Bo8a_Fett
                • Nov 21, 2007

The robot used for Chameleon was so troublesome (more so than K-9) that the production team couldn't wait to get rid of it...it was forever breaking down which was why it just sat in the TARDIS most of teh time....would have been a great idea though as you say for Guest stars, especially as J N T was so keen to have as many as possible in the show.

Comment

• Mikey
                  Verbose Member
                  • Aug 9, 2001

As far as I remember, the only Chameleon story i've ever seen was Planet of Fire (which I thought was quite good).
                  Which other Chameleon stories were there ?
                  And were they lousy ?

Comment

• The Toyroom
                    The Packaging King
                    • Dec 31, 2004

I always liked Romana II, Sarah Jane and Tegan (in an '80s crush sorta way)
                    Think OUTSIDE the Box! For the BEST in Repro & Custom Packaging!

Comment

• jds1911a1
                      Alan Scott is the best GL
                      • Aug 8, 2007

I got started on Tom Baker
                      LEELA was awesome (still very pretty).
                      I loved Harry Sullivan's bumbling a perfect comic relief

Not really a companion since the Dr was mostly earthounve but my favorite supporting role was Sgt Maj (later warrant officer) Benton.

Comment

• Bo8a_Fett
                        • Nov 21, 2007

Kamelion (just noticed the spelling lol) first appeared in the story "The King's Demons" as a tool of the Master's and only appears again in "Planet of Fire" , there was meant to be an appearance in "The Awakening" but it was cut (hopefully an extra if its released on dvd?). There was also a cameo in "The Caves of Androzani" for the regeneration scene.

Comment

• danadoll
                          Micronaut Nut!
                          • Apr 11, 2005

Sarah Jane Smith, Leela and K-9 are my faves (Tom Baker was my first Doctor as a kid too on PBS)...What was with that horrible, horrible outfit they put on Louise Jameson in Dimensions In Time for Leela's short appearance?...Ugh.

Dana
                          "Do you want a doll?" Kurt

Comment

• Bo8a_Fett
                            • Nov 21, 2007

Some sort of Red/Native Indian costume I think...it was dire though..watched that a few weeks ago with me 3d glasses lol must get round to transferring it onto dvd...wonder why its not been an extra yet?

Comment

Working...
                            😀
                            🥰
                            🤢
                            😎
                            😡
                            👍
                            👎