• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The Shadow Knows
    Veteran Member
    • Feb 24, 2012

New to the Community and question

Greetings,

New to the group and excited about the wealth of information being shared about custom work. I have done 1/6th scale and looking to do some 1/9th scale work. I am a collector of MARX, GI JOE, anything MONSTER KID, comics, Vintage paperbacks, Pulps, Original Art, model kits and just starting on some of the MEGOS. I have picked up some of Anthony's great boxes in the past and I hope to be able to contribute in future to the group.

Question: I do some casting and am looking for what some may use when casting removable boots, gloves, hats, cowls or masks? Also, recomendations on COSTUMES?

Thank you kindly!
    Who KNOWS what EVIL lurks in the hearts of men? The SHADOW knows!!

VINTAGE MEGOS WANTED: STARSKY, and an Action Jackson ARMY UNIFORM
  • Nostalgiabuff
    Muddling through
    • Oct 4, 2008

welcome to the boards. i don't know much about casting things, but Dr. Mego sells some 1/6 scale stuff and i would imagine we will start to see some from Classic TV Toys as well since they now have 12" bodies

Comment

• Saroyan
      Persistent Member
      • Oct 4, 2011

Welcome to the board. Based on what you collect I think you will fit in great !

I wish I could offer some advice on casting- but I have none!! I'm quite green around the ears and everywhere else when it comes to customs.

Comment

• The Bat
        Batman Fanatic
        • Jul 14, 2002

Welcome Shadow! You'll love it here.

As for people who make "Mego style" costumes...try this guy, Brian Leitner:

chickencoupcustoms
        sigpic

Comment

• emeraldknight47
          Talkative Member
          • Jun 20, 2011

Welcome aboard, Shadow. Sadly, I know even less about casting than previous posters, but I'm certain that THIS is where you will find your answers and I look forward to seeing your stuff!
          sigpic Oh then, what's this? Big flashy lighty thing, that's what brought me here! Big flashy lighty things have got me written all over them. Not actually. But give me time. And a crayon.

Comment

• The Shadow Knows
            Veteran Member
            • Feb 24, 2012

Thanks everyone. It is a pleasure to be among such a great group of collectors. And the TALENT!! WOW!!!. Thanks for the lead on the MEGO STYLE costumes. Much appreciated.
            Who KNOWS what EVIL lurks in the hearts of men? The SHADOW knows!!

VINTAGE MEGOS WANTED: STARSKY, and an Action Jackson ARMY UNIFORM

Comment

• ddgaff1132
              Persistent Member
              • Oct 3, 2007

Howdy!
              An easy thing to do is check previous post in this area. "Custom Mego Discussions" I often look over the old posts and collect info from them that I might have missed or passed on in the past. Most casting people here produce custom heads for Mego bodies. For boots and other type accessories most just purchase from Doc Mego. He has the greatest assortment of wardrobe accessories for most Mego's
              Check out my picture library of Mego-ish compatible vehicles with ID data.
              MEGO MOTORS

Comment

• MIB41
                Eloquent Member
                • Sep 25, 2005

I'm starving for Stallone head sculpts. And think about the appeal? Rocky (clean and battle damaged), Rambo, Cobra, Nighthawks. And then the characters associated... Clubber Lang, Apollo, Drago, Troutman, Billy Dee Williams. The list is just endless for the customs you could make. If you made those, I would buy them all.

Comment

Working...
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎