X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Werewolf
    Inhuman
    • Jul 14, 2003

Anybody get a Vita yet?

I was wondering if anyone picked up a Playstation Vita yet and how they are liking it? I like the hardware and I'm really digging that it was two analog sticks. On the downside I think the memory cards are just a smidge overpriced. From $20 for 4 gigs up to $100 for 32. Yikes.

I'm waiting on getting one until there are more games out I want or they at least bundle it with a decent sized memory card. Not gonna pay $320 plus tax ($250 for the wifi system plus $20 for a small memory card and $50 for the game) to play Uncharted.
    You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...
  • Brad
    Batman Fanatic
    • Aug 20, 2010

I asked my son about this after seeing the commercial. I too was interested but when he told me how much it is I lost interest real quick.

It is something I will have to wait until the price comes way down before being able to purchase it. It's just too expensive for us considering that it wouldn't be used near as often as our PS3s are anyway. Speaking of the PS3, my wife told me that she read somewhere that Sony has said they currently have no plans for a PS4. That's fine by me since we just bought our second PS3 last Christmas. Now I don't have to fight with Jr. over it anymore.
    "Never take a person's dignity: it is worth everything to them, and nothing to you." - Frank Barron

Comment

• jwyblejr
      galactic yo-yo
      • Apr 6, 2006

I've heard some grumbling about it on the internet. Mostly about how the touch screen is on the back and people are wondering how you're suppose to hold it. Don't know if it's true or not. You know how the internet is.

Comment

• Werewolf
        Inhuman
        • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by jwyblejr
        . Mostly about how the touch screen is on the back and people are wondering how you're suppose to hold it.
        The touch screen is on the front like usual. But the Vita does have an additional touch surface on back of the handheld.
        You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• Figuremod73
          That 80's guy
          • Jul 27, 2011

Just to show people how out of it i am on new games/systems: this is the first time ive even heard of it!
          Might get a Wii sometime this year!

Comment

• Brad
            Batman Fanatic
            • Aug 20, 2010

Originally posted by Figuremod73
            Just to show people how out of it i am on new games/systems: this is the first time ive even heard of it!
            Might get a Wii sometime this year!
            You are not that far out of it. I am pretty sure the Vita just became available here in the US in the last month. I hadn't heard of it either until I saw a TV commercial for it a week or so ago.

Sony: 1.2 million PlayStation Vita units sold worldwide | The Digital Home - CNET News
            "Never take a person's dignity: it is worth everything to them, and nothing to you." - Frank Barron

Comment

• VintageMike
              Permanent Member
              • Dec 16, 2004

I just finally bought a PSP last year mostly for the classic arcade compilations and a few other games. If ever buy a Vita it will be a while I tend to wait it out until A)th eprice is reasonable and B)There is already a nice selection of games.

Comment

• Figuremod73
                That 80's guy
                • Jul 27, 2011

I usually wait until the system is starting to get phased out. The Wii might last a little longer but ive noticed a drop in prices on many titles.

Comment

Working...
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎