X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • apes3978
    Permanent Member
    • Nov 19, 2005

EMCE's APES figures

Any word on if this line is still going to happen?

If so, is there any date as to when the first two will be available?
  • The Bat
    Batman Fanatic
    • Jul 14, 2002

Well....look at it this way: There's atleast still two more Lines coming(Romulan & McCoy, and Scotty & Keeper)...and who knows if that's the end? Trek could continue on with The Neptunian, Cheron, Talosian, Uhura....maybe even NEW Figures like CHECKOV & SULU...or THE GORN? PLEASE!!!!!

So...I really don't think They will start with the Apes...until They've finished with Star Trek.
    sigpic

Comment

• toys2cool
      Ultimate Mego Warrior
      • Nov 27, 2006

Yeah everyone would've been talking about it here,but I think eventually they will
      "Time to nut up or shut up" -Tallahassee

http://ultimatewarriorcollection.webs.com/
      My stuff on facebook Incompatible Browser | Facebook

Comment

• Action Martin
        Persistent Member
        • Dec 30, 2007

I am looking forward to the EMCE POTA line too. I eagerly check my Diamond Previews each month hoping to see them. But so far nothing.
        Scott

Comment

• drmego
          EMCE Toys
          • Jun 15, 2001

2008 Apes

The apes are coming in 2008. The first two will be Cornelius and the Soldier Ape. The others have not been announced by Diamond yet so I won't mention them here.

I don't know how many figures we will be able to produce this year
          due to new regulations in China. I have read that every factory will
          have a government inspector on site to insure safe material standards.

Translation - more paperwork and delays and more money going
          through a Homer Simpson safety inspector.

Beijing is the site of the 2008 Olympics so all eyes are on China.
          Security will be very high and completely crazy.

My wife and I have been waiting a year for our second adoption
          to be processed - now they say the wait time is about three years!
          At least we won't be traveling during the Olympics!
          www.drmego.com
          www.megoman.com
          www.emcetoys.com

Comment

• Action Martin
            Persistent Member
            • Dec 30, 2007

Soldier Ape? I thought the original news article showed General Urko? Was there a change or did the article jump the gun?
            Here's the AFI article where they mention Urko as one of the first two figures.
            http://actionfigureinsider.com/main/?p=383
            Last edited by Action Martin; Jan 4, '08, 8:38 PM.
            Scott

Comment

• drmego
              EMCE Toys
              • Jun 15, 2001

There has been some back and forth about the line-up.

Last I heard it was Corny and the Soldier - two great characters to lead off with -
              but nothing is certain until it is in Previews.
              www.drmego.com
              www.megoman.com
              www.emcetoys.com

Comment

• Action Martin
                Persistent Member
                • Dec 30, 2007

Any two of the originals would be great to lead off with. Well, maybe except for the Astronaut.

And my mistake, the article says "Ursus" not Urko. I guess as with the original Megos they are interchangeable.
                Scott

Comment

• Boywonder0
                  Persistent Member
                  • Dec 29, 2007

Originally posted by drmego
                  The apes are coming in 2008. The first two will be Cornelius and the Soldier Ape. The others have not been announced by Diamond yet so I won't mention them here.

I don't know how many figures we will be able to produce this year
                  due to new regulations in China. I have read that every factory will
                  have a government inspector on site to insure safe material standards.

Translation - more paperwork and delays and more money going
                  through a Homer Simpson safety inspector.

Beijing is the site of the 2008 Olympics so all eyes are on China.
                  Security will be very high and completely crazy.

My wife and I have been waiting a year for our second adoption
                  to be processed - now they say the wait time is about three years!
                  At least we won't be traveling during the Olympics!

All I know is that I want them, and I want them ALL! The sooner the better...

Boy

Comment

• apes3978
                    Permanent Member
                    • Nov 19, 2005

Originally posted by The Bat
                    Well....look at it this way: There's atleast still two more Lines coming(Romulan & McCoy, and Scotty & Keeper)...and who knows if that's the end? Trek could continue on with The Neptunian, Cheron, Talosian, Uhura....maybe even NEW Figures like CHECKOV & SULU...or THE GORN? PLEASE!!!!!

So...I really don't think They will start with the Apes...until They've finished with Star Trek.
                    What makes you think that? I haven't seen anything saying TREK would go on past the "announced" figures?

Besides that, why would they say that APES would be released in 2008 if they knew that TREK was going to continue on?

Comment

• Action Martin
                      Persistent Member
                      • Dec 30, 2007

Is there any reason why EMCE couldn't produce both lines at the same time?
                      Scott

Comment

• apes3978
                        Permanent Member
                        • Nov 19, 2005

Originally posted by drmego
                        There has been some back and forth about the line-up.

Last I heard it was Corny and the Soldier - two great characters to lead off with -
                        but nothing is certain until it is in Previews.
                        Truthfully, I hope it is the Soldier Ape rather than "helmet head"... Don't get me wrong, I'd like an eventual release of the helmet headed General, but as far as the Soldiers go, they're what I'm really after anyway...

If they would release a General, it'd make more sense for them to rerelease the one more commonly called Ursus, the "black faced" one, because he (or his name anyway) is from the film series and would make more sense to have all film apes released in one series... That and the fact that Ursus is better for custom fodder, as he is more versatile... You can have plenty of unhelmeted gorillas running around, but you really only need one hawkish General to lead them...

Originally posted by Action Martin
                        Is there any reason why EMCE couldn't produce both lines at the same time?
                        No, there isn't any reason at all... It'd be like saying that HASBRO can only produce GI JOE and anything else planned can't be released at that same time...

I'd guess the only thing that could prevent both flines from being released simultaneously would be technicalities in production, which Dr. Mego mentioned earlier in this thread...

I know many people want the TREK stuff to carry on and on (and understandably so), but they seem to not want APES reissued... Either they just want EMCE to focus on TREK, or they just plain don't like APES... They may say APES are as common as anything out there, but if you look at eBay, when is the last time you "haven't" seen Kirk or Spock?
                        Last edited by ABMAC; Jan 6, '08, 12:49 PM.

Comment

• Action Martin
                          Persistent Member
                          • Dec 30, 2007

I was wondering how large of a company EMCE is. It would be unfair to compare them to Hasbro. I'm picturing a very small staff with limited resources but unlimited imagination.
                          Scott

Comment

• Captain
                            Fighting the good fight!
                            • Jun 17, 2001

If you were comparing passion, determination, and heart, EMCE blows Hasbro into the weeds!

EMCE is our own Doc Mego, and his business partner...whose name escapes me right now (sorry!). If theres more I'm sure Doc will correct me.
                            "Crayons taste like purple!"

Comment

• Action Martin
                              Persistent Member
                              • Dec 30, 2007

So just two guys? Then I could understand if they were working on only one line at a time.
                              Scott

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎