X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • samurainoir
    Eloquent Member
    • Dec 26, 2006

Reaper

Couldn't figure out where to put this one, but it probably adheres closest to horror/monster.

Along with Dexter, this has become one of my favourite shows in the new abbreviated TV season.

I'm a bit dissappointed that it's been stalled by the writer's strike when they are FINALLY seemingly getting a bigger story arc happening.

I know up until this point it has been suffering that "Freak of the Week" scenario that typified the first seasons of Smallville and Buffy.

It will be interesting once we start seeing exactly what kind of deal his parents made with the devil and what his role will be now that he's dating the devil's daughter!
    My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!
  • toys2cool
    Ultimate Mego Warrior
    • Nov 27, 2006

I haven't seen it yet,But I hear it's pretty good so far
    "Time to nut up or shut up" -Tallahassee

http://ultimatewarriorcollection.webs.com/
    My stuff on facebook Incompatible Browser | Facebook

Comment

• Bo8a_Fett
      Pat Troughton in disguise
      • Nov 21, 2007

Am loving Reaper too at the mo but have only seen the first 6 episodes....hopefully it keeps the high standard seen so far.
      ENGLISH AND DAMN PROUD OF IT British by birth....English by the grace of God. Yes Jamie...it is big isn't it....

Comment

• jwyblejr
        galactic yo-yo
        • Apr 6, 2006

I think what also helps is that they have Kevin Smith involved as well. Most of the characters feel like they'd fit in well in one of his movies.

Comment

• Bo8a_Fett
          Pat Troughton in disguise
          • Nov 21, 2007

Originally posted by jwyblejr
          I think what also helps is that they have Kevin Smith involved as well. Most of the characters feel like they'd fit in well in one of his movies.
          True ...the whole show has that Kevin Smith feel to it..great dialogue and loads of "nods" to other films/shows...great stuff
          ENGLISH AND DAMN PROUD OF IT British by birth....English by the grace of God. Yes Jamie...it is big isn't it....

Comment

• samurainoir
            Eloquent Member
            • Dec 26, 2006

Originally posted by jwyblejr
            The pilot really shines because of Kevin Smith's direction IMHO, and I think he really set the appropriate tone for the series.

Hopefully the overarching story arcs can surpass the "Freak of the Week" once they start gaining some traction.
            My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!

Comment

• unataper
              Veteran Member
              • Sep 8, 2007

I haven't seen the show....but will definitely try and catch it!! Thanks for the input!

Cecil
              For the rules of the road have been lodged, it's peoples games you have to dodge- Bob Dylan

Comment

• palitoy
                live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                • Jun 16, 2001

Caught it for the first time recently, not bad, some inspired stuff going on and yes, very "View askew".
                Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

Working...
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎