• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Saroyan
    Persistent Member
    • Oct 4, 2011

Super Joe- what do I do?

I won this small Super Joe lot on Ebay:

eBay - New & used electronics, cars, apparel, collectibles, sporting goods & more at low prices

Joe himself is literally being held together by his suit- do I glue some Zica hands on him and prop him up best I can? Or, do a head transplant to a modern body- keep in mind most of the customizing I do to Megos is when I break them while trying to do something simple like put boots or jacket on- I don't think that really counts!

Lastly, I think his head is on a stem rather than a plug making a transplant possibly a permanent glue job.

Any suggestions?
  • Trappy Trek Freak
    House of a thousand Megos
    • Aug 10, 2009

Look at my flickr page and check out my Super Joe section. I can fix your Super Joe if you send him to me.
    Flickr: Trappy74's Photostream

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
      Muddling through
      • Oct 4, 2008

you do not need to glue the Zica hands on, if you have a set the wrist stem is a perfect fit in the SJ forearm. you might need to scrape out whatever residue if left of the original stem though. as far as head transplant, the playing mantis action jackson body works, but you have to drill the hole in the SJ head a little wider and it is still somewhat tough to get on. also, the SJ body toros has the neck on it so on the AJ body he will not have much of a neck.
      looks like your Shield has already been glued somewhat, if that stuff does not come off, i have made a custom shield using the head/torso harness on a Zica body, but any repro body would do. then just get chips boots a blue jumpsuit from Doc Mego and I modified a black knight shield and used tin man arm armor on the left arm. check the thread in toy room central for some photos of my SJ collection

Comment

Working...
      😀
      🥰
      🤢
      😎
      😡
      👍
      👎