X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • domino
    Veteran Member
    • Jun 16, 2007

Any good free MMORPG games?

I was wondering if anybody is playing or has played any of the free MMORPG games that are out there? I really don't want to re-sub to World of Warcraft and I didn't like Star Wars the Old Republic, so I figured instead of wasting money, I would look into the free ones. Has anyone played these?

Lord of the Rings Online
    D&D Online
    Conan
    City of Heroes
  • pmwasson
    Maker
    • Sep 12, 2007

I really enjoy D&D. I played the free version, but after awhile you really need to upgrade to keep having fun. Its still pretty reasonable. I tried LOTR and Conan, but I just couldn't get into it.

I played City of Heroes before it went free and really enjoyed it. But after awhile it seemed to get repetitive.

Since they are free, you can try them all and see what you like. I believe DC Universe Online went free also.
    sigpic LaserMego

Comment

• Werewolf
      Inhuman
      • Jul 14, 2003

Everquest 2 is free to play.
      You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• domino
        Veteran Member
        • Jun 16, 2007

Thanks guys, I will have to check some of these out. I wasn't aware that DC Universe and Everquest were free to play. I also see where Rift lets you play up to level 20 for free so I might have to check it out as well.

Comment

• Werewolf
          Inhuman
          • Jul 14, 2003

World of Warcraft is now free up to level 20 too.
          You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• danadoll
            Micronaut Nut!
            • Apr 11, 2005

I play DDO from time-to-time and I like it a lot (I'm level 12 or 13, I think....LOL).

Dana
            "Do you want a doll?" Kurt

Comment

• domino
              Veteran Member
              • Jun 16, 2007

Originally posted by Werewolf
              World of Warcraft is now free up to level 20 too.
              I am going to stay away from that one. Not because its bad, I played it with 2 accounts over 5 years, I just don't want to get hooked again lol.

I might have to give either DDO or Everquest 2 a look. I would try them all, only problem is I would spend more time downloading than actually playing.

Comment

• Werewolf
                Inhuman
                • Jul 14, 2003

Everquest 2 downloads pretty fast. It downloads in the back ground and you start playing right away.

Comment

• Figuremod73
                  That 80's guy
                  • Jul 27, 2011

For the most part i've managed to keep away from these, but it isnt easy. Im afraid if I started I would be one of those who spend all my free time on it. Just watching someone play WOW gets me itching to play it.

Comment

Working...
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎