X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • samurainoir
    Eloquent Member
    • Dec 26, 2006

Doctor Who Season 4

What did you guys think of the promo following the conclusion of the Christmas Special?

As much as I liked Martha Jones as a companion, I look forward to the return of the Bride from last years Christmas special. I don't think that the Doctor has ever had such a prickly relationship with a companion before (perhaps the earliest appearances of Tegan?), and it's obviously going to bring a different dynamic than we are used to with Doctor Who companions in recent memory.

Was that UNIT? Hopefully we can see th return of Brigadier Lethbridge Stewart!
    My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!
  • Mikey
    Verbose Member
    • Aug 9, 2001

I really don't like the bride character.
    I think she's going to be very annoying after a short time.
    A one shot comedy episode (Runaway Bride) is ok, but I think they should have left it at that.

Hey, speaking of Season-4, I thought 4 was going to be the Season of Davros ?

Comment

• raider5gt
      Museum Tree Cutter
      • Nov 25, 2007

The Sontarans are back too,did you see the face shot in the trailer?

Never stand behind a cow when it sneezes.

Comment

• samurainoir
        Eloquent Member
        • Dec 26, 2006

Originally posted by type1kirk
        I really don't like the bride character.
        I think she's going to be very annoying after a short time.
        A one shot comedy episode (Runaway Bride) is ok, but I think they should have left it at that.

Hey, speaking of Season-4, I thought 4 was going to be the Season of Davros ?
        I was actually secretly hoping that it was Davros that was being wheeled out of the secret chamber on board the Titanic.

Comment

• Bo8a_Fett
          Pat Troughton in disguise
          • Nov 21, 2007

U.N.I.T. are back...they've been seen already in many episodes of the previous seasons but as background figures...this season the boys and girls of U.N.I.T. feature heavily in a 2 parter (possibly the Sontaran story). no sign or rumours about Davros other than there is a Dalek story this year and that Ben Kingsly was approached to play Davros...but a conflicting report/rumour says Terry malloy has been approached to play Davros????
          Trailers are notoriously misleading these days so i'm not reading too much into it...there looks although there will be a crowded TARDIS though as its been confirmed not only will Martha be back for 5 episodes but Rose will appear in the last 3 episodes of the season.
          ENGLISH AND DAMN PROUD OF IT British by birth....English by the grace of God. Yes Jamie...it is big isn't it....

Comment

• raider5gt
            Museum Tree Cutter
            • Nov 25, 2007

Originally posted by samurainoir
            I was actually secretly hoping that it was Davros that was being wheeled out of the secret chamber on board the Titanic.
            Thats what i thought too,i shouted out "its Davros" but it wernt

Never stand behind a cow when it sneezes.

Comment

• Surfsup
              Silver Chrome Dome
              • Dec 2, 2005

It didn't look that exciting but you can't tell too much from a couple of mins. I wasn't too enamoured with the return of the Bride when I first heard about it but I've since warmed to Catherine Tate.

Comment

• Mikey
                Verbose Member
                • Aug 9, 2001

Being from the US, not counting The Runaway Bride, I never even heard of Catherine Tate before that episode.
                She basically is unknown here.
                I don't mind her all that much, I just think the comedy needs to be toned down a bit.

Comment

• ctc
                  Fear the monkeybat!
                  • Aug 16, 2001

Hmmmm....

I would have preferred the woman from "Daleks in Manhatan" as a new companion. And I'm REALLY curious to see what UNIT has been up to. They were in the two part story with the Master last year, and they've been mentioned a whole lot. Although there's a McCoy era episode that happened in the future (which I think should be NOW) that showed Lethbridge-Stuart as having retired by this time.

...and bring back the Yeti; dammit!

Don C.

Comment

• Mikey
                    Verbose Member
                    • Aug 9, 2001

Yeti's are a tough one, though.......

If they stray too far from of what a Yeti actually looks like-- they're not really a Yeti.

If they make them look too much like a classic Yeti, new viewers would have a laugh-fest.

Perhaps something in between.

Like Bionic Bigfoot or something.

Comment

• Surfsup
                      Silver Chrome Dome
                      • Dec 2, 2005

Originally posted by type1kirk
                      I don't mind her all that much, I just think the comedy needs to be toned down a bit.
                      Hear, hear! I'd love to see a darker, more serious tone in the series. I do get miffed when they bog it down with childish humour (fart jokes etc). The concept is far too good for that.

Comment

• Bo8a_Fett
                        • Nov 21, 2007

The Yeti could always be brought back in a different guise as the real menace behind them was the great intelligence...it was the control spheres that mobolised the Yeti which could quite easily control a different kind of robot...would be nice to see the original costumes or an approximation of them though.
                        ENGLISH AND DAMN PROUD OF IT British by birth....English by the grace of God. Yes Jamie...it is big isn't it....

Comment

• samurainoir
                          Eloquent Member
                          • Dec 26, 2006

When was the last time we saw the Yeti? The five doctors?

Comment

• Bo8a_Fett
                            • Nov 21, 2007

Yup and the original costume was in such bad condition they had to keep it in the dark and show only parts of it in the episode.

Comment

• danadoll
                              Micronaut Nut!
                              • Apr 11, 2005

Originally posted by Bo8a_Fett
                              Yup and the original costume was in such bad condition they had to keep it in the dark and show only parts of it in the episode.
                              I thought the Five Doctors scene with the Yeti was quite effective (scary), though (being dark and all)...I was a bit unnerved, because I could quite see what was after them (And I had no knowledge of the Yeti, besides what I had read)...

Dana
                              "Do you want a doll?" Kurt

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎