X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • samurainoir
    Eloquent Member
    • Dec 26, 2006

New Terminator TV Series

This didn't actually grab me until I heard that River from Serenity/Firefly would play the Terminator.

Pretty cool promo posters...

It seems like another show trying too hard to capture the Smallville/Buffy vibe.
    My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!
  • samurainoir
    Eloquent Member
    • Dec 26, 2006

Comment

• toys2cool
      Ultimate Mego Warrior
      • Nov 27, 2006

Yeah I saw this the other day while trying to watch Heroes online,it looks pretty weird but I'd watch it.She's pretty hot and I think that kid who was on Heroes,the cheerleaders friend will be in there as well
      "Time to nut up or shut up" -Tallahassee

http://ultimatewarriorcollection.webs.com/
      My stuff on facebook Incompatible Browser | Facebook

Comment

• ctc
        Fear the monkeybat!
        • Aug 16, 2001

Eh....

No. Not impressed. So... Skynet sends MORE Terminators back.... AGAIN? Wow, this won't feel like a retread.

Although I really liked the first film; everything else has been pretty blah. The whole Reese/Sarah/John thing was an interesting twist; as was the fight in the future having already been won; if only John's plan to be born could work. Everything else had been "lookit the robot guys fight!!! KEWELL!!!!!"

...and y'know what; I'm actually really sick of shows with attractive people. They all end up looking pretty much the same. (Look at the pic here and think "Dark Angel.") Don't ugly, old or overweight people do things? Even in the background....?

Don C.

Comment

• RG
          Removed.
          • Oct 1, 2004

Originally posted by ctc
          Don't ugly, old or overweight people do things?
          Yeah we collect Megos lol

Really I'm looking forward to this show, I hope it doesn't suck. I will give it a chance and watch at least the first 3 or 4 shows even if it doesn't come off well at first.

I loved the first Terminator and the 2nd wasn't far behinde, but I hope this show works better than the 3rd movie.

Comment

• Bo8a_Fett
            Pat Troughton in disguise
            • Nov 21, 2007

Watcheed the pilot episode a couple of months ago and gotta say it didn't float my boat...just seemed to be going down the same old same old route.Turned off after about 20 minutes....
            ENGLISH AND DAMN PROUD OF IT British by birth....English by the grace of God. Yes Jamie...it is big isn't it....

Comment

• The Bat
              Batman Fanatic
              • Jul 14, 2002

I'll check it out...since "24" is cancelled because of the Writers's Strike...there's nothing else to watch.
              sigpic

Comment

• samurainoir
                Eloquent Member
                • Dec 26, 2006

Originally posted by toys2cool
                Yeah I saw this the other day while trying to watch Heroes online,it looks pretty weird but I'd watch it.She's pretty hot and I think that kid who was on Heroes,the cheerleaders friend will be in there as well
                I was just watching Heroes season 1 on DVD, and I can see the cheerleader's buddy as a young John Conner.

I wonder if Harlan Ellison still gets his credit (after he sued James Cameron and co for ripping off his short story).

Someone was telling me the other day that there is another Terminator movie in production with Christian Slater as John Conner. Doesn't bode well does it?

Comment

• jds1911a1
                  Alan Scott is the best GL
                  • Aug 8, 2007

I saw T3 on tv for nothing and still felt ripped off so I don't think I will be giving this the time of day. Heck I'm still mad at myself for Bying t2 SE on laser disc 15 years ago for 50 bucks

Comment

• The Bat
                    Batman Fanatic
                    • Jul 14, 2002

Originally posted by samurainoir

Someone was telling me the other day that there is another Terminator movie in production with Christian Slater as John Conner. Doesn't bode well does it?

Actually....it was "Ain't It Cool News"....and the Rumor is that Christian Bale is playing John Conner.
                    sigpic

Comment

• Vortigern99
                      Scholar/Gentleman/Weirdo
                      • Jul 2, 2006

I watched the pilot on yahoo movies tonight (it's up until 9 PM PST Jan 5th, if I'm not mistaken). It was good -- but not awesome.

I think the writing is workmanlike and passable, but the performances and the staging just have that rushed, TV-movie feel. I'm left feeling it all needed to cook a little bit more; it lacks the 'oomph' of the films -- not just the action, but the interpersonal stuff, too. The dialogue is occasionally silly and groan-inducing.

The climactic scene certainly got my adrenaline going, and was executed with greater skill than the other action sequences. Overall the concept is a winner, IMO, and I can only hope the episodes get a little better as the creators and the actors fall into the groove of this thing. It has a lot of potential.

Comment

• Type3Toys
                        Home Of The Type3 Body
                        • Jan 18, 2005

I am looking forward to this show. Not much on now that I am into so I am trying to stay positive about this one!
                        LOOK
                        Action Figure Design & Prototypes
                        For Samples See Home -Type 3 Body & Spiderman
                        To Contact: type3toys@comcast.net

Comment

• samurainoir
                          Eloquent Member
                          • Dec 26, 2006

Originally posted by The Bat
                          Actually....it was "Ain't It Cool News"....and the Rumor is that Christian Bale is playing John Conner.
                          Ah! Wrong Christian.

Bale does sound like a better casting choice.

Comment

Working...
                          😀
                          🥰
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😡
                          👍
                          👎