X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nostalgiabuff
    Muddling through
    • Oct 4, 2008

Colonial Viper

so the BPP BSG line has me really excited and I figure we need vipers for Starbuck and Appolo. I am starting to piece together and build a viper out of wood. I am working on the cockpit right now using pieces of 2*4, working out the shape and size. i figure the engine module can be a 2by as well with dowels for the engines. not sure on the cockpit canopy yet. any suggestions?
  • JediJaida
    Talkative Member
    • Jun 14, 2008

Take a look at an X-wing fighter. The canopy was similar. Maybe that would help.
    JediJaida

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
      Muddling through
      • Oct 4, 2008

yeah I thought of that but I think it would be too small. i will have to play around a bit and see what I can come up with in the workshop

Comment

• JediJaida
        Talkative Member
        • Jun 14, 2008

Hmmm....do you have access to pics?

If you have the series on DVD or are willing to watch it on Hulu, you might be able to get a screen shot of the cockpit canopy.
        JediJaida

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
          Muddling through
          • Oct 4, 2008

yeah,i was watching it tonight actually....thinking to myself, damn that is going to be hard to make.....if this gets past the testing/planning stage i will post some pics. i have lots of ideas in my head, just not sure I can make them happen

Comment

• ctc
            Fear the monkeybat!
            • Aug 16, 2001

Hmmmm....

Lucite or plexiglass would work for the canopy.

Don C.

Comment

• johnmiic
              Adrift
              • Sep 6, 2002

I have the official Galactica Blueprints from ye` days of old. Let me scan the views and I'll post them here or send them to you.

Comment

• johnmiic
                Adrift
                • Sep 6, 2002

Here are some scans. If you PM me your email I can send you larger versions as facebook reduces them:

Comment

• SUP-Ronin
                  Stuck in a laundry shoot.
                  • Oct 8, 2007

There are some models of the Colonial Viper, don't know if it would help but here's a link.

Battlestar Galactica Moebius Viper Mark II Plastic Model Kit Battlestar Galactica Viper Mark II Plastic Model Kit Moebius - $24.99
                  "Steel-like jaws clacked away, each bite slashing flesh from my body - I used my knife and my hands, and when they were gone, my bloody stumps - and yet the turtles came."

Comment

• livnxxxl
                    Megoholic RocketScientist
                    • Oct 23, 2007

I thought this was pretty cool. I found this picture on my computer. Some one here at The Museum had a Viper in the works. Was it you? I do not have the rest of the info in front of me right now on the project. You may try doing a search here in the forums.

Enjoy what you like, and let others enjoy what they like. (C) Azrak 2009

Too much space. Need more toys!

Check out the ever growing Mego like sized vehicles data base.

Comment

• Spyweb007
                      Persistent Member
                      • Apr 18, 2006

Actually that Viper project is mine. I'm hoping to find some kind of plastic bottle or container that I can cut to make a canopy but I haven't found anything the right shape yet.

Comment

Working...
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎