X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • spacecaps
    Second Mouse
    • Aug 24, 2011

The Puzzle Orb

Did anyone have this back in the day. I had one as a kid but who knows what became of it. It made for the best "thermal detonator" ever! I always wanted another but had no idea what it was called or who made it. I found one at a flea market last year for $1 and bought it in a second. Its sitting right in front of me on my desk as I type this but mine is scrambled. Tonight I just kind of stumbled on this one (I like mid-century modern decor and search "space age" on ebay occasionally) and this came up. I'm really tempted to get this one too because it's been solved even if it is $19!

Rubik's? Switchable cycle puzzle Orb Ball Or-bit orbit space age brain teaser | eBay
    "Many Shubs and Zuuls knew what it was to be roasted in the depths of the Sloar that day I can tell you."
  • Splitty
    Career Member
    • Jan 25, 2012

I have never seen that.

I thought, when I saw the thread title, that you were talking about this Plato's Plight Puzzle, which reminded me alot of Dark Crystal.

I've never laid eyes on that awesome mod space age puzzle before. That would make a sweet detonator.
    I gots Toyyyyzzzzz

Comment

• Werewolf
      Inhuman
      • Jul 14, 2003

I totally had that! I was obsessed with those kinds puzzles for a awhile. I also had the Rubik's Snake and the Rubiks like Missing Link puzzle.
      You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• Splitty
        Career Member
        • Jan 25, 2012

O geez. I remember that big plastic clear cube with clear maze inside, & you put a marble in & got it to wind out to the other end.

I totally memorized the path through. I'm really sad I didn't keep that. They have mini-ones now (mine was a larger 6"-7" one), but it's not the same as the one I owned and spent hours on. [:(

It was like this, but larger and old.
        http://www.samstoybox.com/toypics/CubeMaze.jpg
        Last edited by Splitty; Feb 14, '12, 3:53 PM.
        I gots Toyyyyzzzzz

Comment

• Saroyan
          Persistent Member
          • Oct 4, 2011

I remember the Orb- but never had one. I lost count of how many mini Snakes I killed- they were small enough to be discreetly carried to school- but rarely held up to the ham-fisted operating skills of a Jr. High student!

Comment

Working...
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎