Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cincinnati gathering 2012 (very pic heavy)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Random Axe
    The Voice of Reason
    • Apr 16, 2008

Cincinnati gathering 2012 (very pic heavy)

Thanks so much for those who were able to attend. This worked out so well after a few previous attempts in prior years. The Museum is full of Mego goodness, toy stuff and pop culture. What it's also full of is good people, friends I know I'll have for life. Action figures are great, but it's the social aspect of meetings like this that bring us closer together and solidify the community.

Craig(ZICA) - Okay, let's settle the debate and confusion. It's officially pronounced ZY-ka. Thanks for bringing the protos. It's a travesty of justice these didn't make it into production and also the nature of the beast. These factory made protos are almost exactly what would have ended up on the shelves.

Steve(EMCEHammer) - Came down from Columbus and brought the Brick collection and the Shag Wagon. It's so fun to see these up close and carded.

Rob(godzilla) - He also came down from the state capital to join our group. Thank you for bringing your unbound positive energy to the building.

Chris(Captain Mego) - What a great guy and a freakin amazing talent. It was cool to see your work up close and in person. You are a master craftsman and artist. It was also great to see the in-process heads you're sculpting.

Tom(MIB41) - It was excellent to finally meet you. You've been a presence on the boards for a long time. I'm so glad you made the trip from L'Ville for our mini meet. It's a requirement for you to post some of your own custom work, 1/6 scale or not, you've got some badass stuff. I'm sure people here would like to check it out.

Chris(Earth2Chris) - Your portfolio of production artwork for Castaway and other comic related subjects was way more than impressive. It's really great to be able to talk shop with someone who gets comics like you do.

Dave(truedave) - Your Joe lineup is simply stellar. The boxes are just an added bonus. I love how you have become a student of the hobby and are pushing boundries.

Okay, now the pics...

Captain Mego's General Urso(I think. I don't know Ape stuff)

Ape sculpts by the Captain

The Captain explains his work processes

Here are the ZICA factory samples. These are so far beyond amazing.

Tom, Rob and Steve going through the parts box

Chris, Selena( I guess this would be Truewife), Steve and Rob

The Shag Wagon

Brick carded

Dave tells Tom to remove his jacket. Guess he's not a Tony Stewart fan.

Tom's custom built Hot TOys Stallone Barney Frank from Expendibles. Told you his stuff is cool.

Dave's awesome Action Team Joe project.

I almost had a psychic girlfriend but she dumped me before we met.

If anyone here believes in psychokinesis, please raise my hand.
  • emeraldknight47
    Talkative Member
    • Jun 20, 2011

Looks like a splendid time was had by all. Sorry I had to miss the festivities....!
    sigpic Oh then, what's this? Big flashy lighty thing, that's what brought me here! Big flashy lighty things have got me written all over them. Not actually. But give me time. And a crayon.

Comment

• HumanWolfman
      Type3Toys Has Transformed
      • Oct 5, 2011

Looks like it was alot of fun!
      View My Customs
      www.type3toys.com
      or check here
      http://megomuseum.com/community/memb...5-HumanWolfman

Comment

• EMCE Hammer
        Moderation Engineer
        • Aug 14, 2003

Good God I look fat.

It was a great time, and I was sorry to see it end. Thanks to Scott for being persistent and making it finally happen. I really enjoyed chewing the fat with you guys and seeing some really cool stuff. It was a privilege to share the room with such talented, cool people.

Comment

• samurainoir
          Eloquent Member
          • Dec 26, 2006

Wow! I hope zica and those factory samples will be showing up at mego meet. Very cool that you guys got to see them up close.
          My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
            Verbose Member
            • Mar 7, 2004

Good God I look fat.
            I look balder than I thought! Man, I really just need to buzz my hair. The solar panel is growing!!!

Chris
            sigpic

Comment

• Random Axe
              The Voice of Reason
              • Apr 16, 2008

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
              I look balder than I thought! Man, I really just need to buzz my hair. The solar panel is growing!!!

Chris

Hey, I can help with that...bzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
              I almost had a psychic girlfriend but she dumped me before we met.

If anyone here believes in psychokinesis, please raise my hand.

Comment

• Brown Bear
                Still Old School
                • Feb 14, 2008

Dave's Joe's are incredible!!
                Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

Comment

• MIB41
                  Eloquent Member
                  • Sep 25, 2005

I had a blast! Thanks so much for organizing this Scott. I feel like I met some very special people that will be good friends down the road. Quality folks all the way around. I was honored to meet everyone. I'm so glad I made the trip. So worth it.

Comment

• toys2cool
                    Ultimate Mego Warrior
                    • Nov 27, 2006

everything looks great! my god that ape on the horse and the Sly
                    "Time to nut up or shut up" -Tallahassee

http://ultimatewarriorcollection.webs.com/
                    My stuff on facebook Incompatible Browser | Facebook

Comment

• Toyman_Chris
                      70's Era Pimp
                      • Sep 7, 2011

Looks like a great time. I really wanted to make it, but my work schedule didn't allow it. Are you guys going to do this again?

Any cool trades?

Comment

• TrueDave
                        Toy Maker
                        • Jan 12, 2008

Just a quick shout out to Neutron X: Ed did the GI Joe Jr. boxes. I found his 12" size boxes on the 'Bay and pleasantlly found out the maker was a Museum Member I had already been dealing with HERE!
                        His mini boxes are 15$ , Discounts for larger orders, especially for Museum members. ( "Membership has it's privliges!)
                        His 12" boxes are also awesome. ( not sure of those prices)
                        ( the A team tags are from Laser mego!)

Comment

• EMCE Hammer
                          Moderation Engineer
                          • Aug 14, 2003

Originally posted by Toyman_Chris
                          Looks like a great time. I really wanted to make it, but my work schedule didn't allow it. Are you guys going to do this again?

Any cool trades?

Almost a total lack of commerce. We were too busy, which I think is a good thing.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                            Verbose Member
                            • Mar 7, 2004

It seemed almost wrong to sully such a nice gathering with business transactions. That being said there was a ton of stuff in that room I'd love to own.

Chris
                            sigpic

Comment

• Toyman_Chris
                              70's Era Pimp
                              • Sep 7, 2011

Originally posted by EMCE Hammer
                              Almost a total lack of commerce. We were too busy, which I think is a good thing.
                              Oh I completely agree. I love trading, but I so much more love the camaraderie of a get together. Good for you guys! I very much wanted to go. Just couldn't make the drive this time. I would love to see you do it again before Mego Meet 2012.

It's these little get together events that make the wait for MM12 bearable. LOL.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎