X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • megowgsh
    Customego HoF Curator
    • Nov 19, 2003

X-men Danger Room playset

I am in the planning stages of a Dida X-Men Danger Room playset and I am looking for ideas.

In many illustrations of the Danger Room I see Doc Ock-like tentacles, as seen below:

Any recommendations as to which tentacles would be best to use? I want to attach them to the interior wall and have them "fighting" Wolverine.

I was thinking of using the ones from the 12" Doc Ock figure from Spider-Man 2:

Any thoughts/suggestions/help would be appreciated.
    Check out ALL my customs at https://www.facebook.com/megowgshcustoms
  • thunderbolt
    Hi Ernie!!!
    • Feb 15, 2004

Or the ones from the Hasbro Mego like figure, it might look more in line with your style.
    You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• bobws
      Permanent Member
      • Feb 13, 2008

Drop from the ceiling or from the floor hoops to fly thru.
      "Hang on Lady... We go for a RIDE!" - Shorty to Willie Scott.Best movie line from Indiana Jones & the Temple Of Doom

Comment

• megowgsh
        Customego HoF Curator
        • Nov 19, 2003

Originally posted by thunderbolt
        Or the ones from the Hasbro Mego like figure, it might look more in line with your style.
        I think you are right. Thanks.

Comment

• megowgsh
          Customego HoF Curator
          • Nov 19, 2003

Originally posted by bobws
          Drop from the ceiling or from the floor hoops to fly thru.
          Brilliant minds think alike. Already in the works.

Comment

• emeraldknight47
            Talkative Member
            • Jun 20, 2011

Really cool idea for a DIDA playset! I look forward to seeing finished product!
            sigpic Oh then, what's this? Big flashy lighty thing, that's what brought me here! Big flashy lighty things have got me written all over them. Not actually. But give me time. And a crayon.

Comment

• Tothiro
              Kitten Mittens
              • Aug 28, 2008

So would the arms be free standing or would you attach them to clips (so they could slide onto the edges of the set's walls or ceiling)?

[EDIT] Ah, re-read your post - so it'll be attached to the wall rivet style then?
              Anyway - you might also use some of that LEGO technic tubing, it's corrugated and available in several lengths and primary colors, you could put armature wire inside them so they would bend and hold shape (to a degree - the LEGO tubing is a little stiff, it's just blowmolded vinyl like mego boots but a more flexible blend)

I've been wanting to do a Danger Room too, but figured I'd go the laminated cardstock route... I'd love to see a Dida style one!
              My idea was more the control room - with a view-screen and doorway in the wall, like the Hall of Justice viewer, and cardboard stand-up dangers like the dinos in the AJ Lost Continent set... So that whatever the control room looked out on (Ie the kitchen table top) would be the danger room environment. The X-Men could train on the Enterprise, Pota Fortress, or whatever other playset was sitting in front of it.
              The fold-up panel graphic would be the Xavier School exterior, naturally.
              Last edited by Tothiro; Feb 11, '12, 2:34 AM.

Comment

Working...
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎