Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Perp
    • Jan 31, 2012

Playmates Tunics On Emce figures

Hello - I recently rejoined the world of mego and love the repro's, but also love the attention to authentic detail in the clothing of the playmates 9"'ers.

Does anyone have any experience with using the playmates clothing on the mego figures. I'd imagine a bit of sewing would be involved. I'm able to buy a nice cheep lot of the playmates (I think), but I don't want them if they're useless for the mego's. Love their accessories too...

My thanks to anyone who can help me.
  • Perp
    • Jan 31, 2012

Thanks much for the PM! Interesting stuff. Is there anyone else who has ever tried to use playmates clothing and accessories on TOS megos?

Thank again!

Comment

• MightyMegs
      Veteran Member
      • Jan 5, 2009

I put the Tholian Web spacesuits from Playmates on the Mego TOS figures. They were a bit roomy, but it was okay since they were spacesuits. I haven't tried regular uniforms... but I have a feeling they'd be too big.

Comment

• EMCE Hammer
        Moderation Engineer
        • Aug 14, 2003

I have modified some of the 9" costumes to fit the 8" figures. Some may disagree, but I personally don't like how they fit if they aren't downsized first.

Comment

• Perp
          • Jan 31, 2012

Thanks Hammer...yeah, I'm pretty good with a needle and thread - I'd imagine - with the exception of things like Megs Tholian suits, you'd have to take them in....Just love the look of them - the correct rank banding and the insignia. It may not be classic mego, bit ON classic mego I see it as an enhancement....I'll probably buy the lot...

Comment

• johnmiic
            Adrift
            • Sep 6, 2002

I have some for sale in the marketplace if you need any:

Johnmiic's Toy Sale! - Mego Talk

Comment

• Perp
              • Jan 31, 2012

I would be interested in any extra TOS figures anyone may be interested in parting with...I see them going for anywhere from 10-199(!) on EBay....

Thanks!!!!

Comment

Working...
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎