X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Den82
    Career Member
    • Jan 17, 2011

GI JOE, Major Matt...what should I pay?

This guy also have a bunch of GI Joe from the 90s in boxes. So I am kind of concerned if a lot of the weapons and clothing aren't modern.

• nazgul
    Lord of Light
    • May 2, 2011

Thats a tough call....that Matt Mason lot is probably worth close to if not over a hundred by itself. The 2 joes nude would be worth about $35 each....the rest of the stuff I'm not too sure about, but it looks good. It's all probably worth over $200. If it was me, I'd be comfortable offering around $150, but thats about it.
    You will always be your child's favorite toy. ~Vicki Lansky

Comment

• Den82
      Career Member
      • Jan 17, 2011

I don't have money falling out of my butt right now. But I'm going to try to offer $100, he seems easy to deal with. For all I know those Major Matt Mason figures could have tears and broken wires. Not sure about the condition of the other stuff.

Any more input would be helpful.

Comment

• 4NDR01D
        Alpha Centauri....OR DIE!
        • Jan 22, 2008

I'd go as high as $200 based on the photos. If you can get it for $100 I think you could keep some decent stuff and make your money back easy.

Comment

• Den82
          Career Member
          • Jan 17, 2011

Do any of the weapons, clothing and accessories look to be repro? He had a lot of Joe stuff in boxes, the newer stuff. So I want to be sure it's all vintage in that pic.

Comment

• nazgul
            Lord of Light
            • May 2, 2011

It looks all vintage to me, but it's tough to tell sometimes from a photo.

Comment

• SpaceCrawler
              Veteran Member
              • Mar 20, 2008

Can't tell if there's repro stuff there (aside from the space capsule), but there is some knock off stuff (probably from the 70s) which is generally worthless. It doesn't look like there's a lot of great stuff there- the MSV (larger vehicle) looks to have to door broken off, and we can't tell if it's complete or in good condition from the photos. Same goes for the ATV.

The Joes seem ok if the hair and paint are good and the body and hands are intact, but these aren't going for that much these days. One Joe is wearing the Tank Commander jacket. Not rare, but not as common as the other stuff in this lot. If the rifles are vintage and mint with no breaks then they are some of the most valuable items in the lot.

What you need to do is scan eBay's completed auctions and see what stuff sells for and do the math. Again, there's nothing rare here so an average lot of accessories on eBay will suffice for a price comparison. Even though it's not vintage, the space capsule can go for some money occasionally (at least it did in the past, I haven't checked lately).

Sean

Comment

• Den82
                Career Member
                • Jan 17, 2011

Still not sure what to offer. He just mentioned a footjocker with a deep sea diver and shark or something.

Comment

• nazgul
                  Lord of Light
                  • May 2, 2011

The diver could be pretty good, depending on which release it is and of course, condition.

Comment

• Den82
                    Career Member
                    • Jan 17, 2011

Well, he told me he was just offered $200 for everything I wanted. I told him to take it.

Comment

• Joe90
                      Most Special Agent
                      • Feb 23, 2008

Originally posted by Den82
                      Well, he told me he was just offered $200 for everything I wanted. I told him to take it.
                      $200 would be good for the Seller. Like SpaceCrawler says, that lot is nothing special. Last I saw the Friendship 7 capsule go on eBay for was $65.
                      90, Joe 90.... Great Shakes : Milk Chocolate -- Shaken, not Stirred.

Comment

Working...
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎