Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stuff you are sooooo sorry you sold (or lost or gave away)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Splitty
    Career Member
    • Jan 25, 2012

Stuff you are sooooo sorry you sold (or lost or gave away)

*WARNING* Indulging in this thread may cause brief bouts of depression, crying, wailing, or frantic trips to ebay.

Also, sorry if this thread has been posted before. I'm new here.

I can only remember a few things I actually gave away in my childhood (I managed to keep the good stuff, even my Atari 2100 set!!). Believe it or not, most of my horrendous transgressions were made as an adult collector!

I actually had a Charlie's Angles TREEHOUSE with furniture, and I think I sold it at a childhood flea market. It was so 70's chictastic.

I somehow got rid of the Battling Tops game, but found one again at a G-Sale. Most adrenaline packed table top game sure to turn you on to betting ever!

As an adult, I'm SCANDALIZED at the sweet stuff I sold because I desperately 'needed money' then. Whether food, bills, or more important collectibles at the time, all I remember is what I lost, not where the $ went.

I had a FULL set of Six Million Dollar Man dolls, in EXCELLENT shape, and sold all but the Bionic Bigfoot. The Maskatron and Fembot hurt alot.

I sold a 12" Henshin Cyborg and a 12" Masked Rider before I was really into Japanese stuff. SCANDALOUS!

I sold my excellent set of Mego Ponch & John C.H.I.P.s ON THEIR BIKES, in superb condition. I needed money, but what for?! Not acceptable.

Out went the entire set of McFarlane Where the Wild Things Are (for food, EGADS! Why didn't I just starve?!)

Legacy of Kain Raziel (with the wings)? GONE.

14" Mattel Pulsar? Bye Bye. (FYI I would have never sold Hypnos if I had him)

My customized 12" Hasbro Bride of Frankenstein...wah!!

McDonald's mego-styleish Hamburgler (whhhy did I sell that?)

I guess that's the diff between being an adult and child. As an adult, you sell stuff you don't want because you really need the money. You know, responsibilities and all. I'm forced to still keep making these horrible sacrifices even now.
    As a child, you usually get rid of the stuff you don't want at the time, unless you fall prey to somebody else's diabolical evil plans.

All that stuff I TOTALLY want back, but at collector prices nowadays, it'll be awhile, if ever.

So whatchoo guys miss?
    Last edited by Splitty; Feb 2, '12, 10:30 AM.
    I gots Toyyyyzzzzz
  • Saroyan
    Persistent Member
    • Oct 4, 2011

All the stuff I wish I still had I got rid of as a kid, not an adult.

GI Joe Space capsule and Headquarters.
    Milton Bradley Star Bird electronic space ship
    Hot Wheels Sizzlers mountain track
    Aurora Karate Men (like Rock-em Sock-em Robots)
    Star Wars X-Wing
    Battle Star Galactica colonial fighter and transport

I'm sure there were others- they will haunt my dreams!!

Comment

• Brown Bear
      Still Old School
      • Feb 14, 2008

My Happy Days boardgame has vanished over the years.
      Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

Comment

• MightyMegs
        Veteran Member
        • Jan 5, 2009

I threw away a GI Joe Flagg (because it was missing a few pieces. This was before the internet and Ebay, so I never thought I would find the missing parts). AND a couple Cobra Terror Dromes.

Comment

• HardyGirl
          Mego Museum's Poster Girl
          • Apr 3, 2007

Pretty much all my toys, b/c we moved from NYC to CA when I was 13 and I had to get rid of almost EVERYTHING!! So I have spent my adult life trying to buy back my childhood. But I've made good progress over the years, and have a lot of the stuff I had when I was little.
          "Do you believe, you believe in magic?
          'Cos I believe, I believe that I do,
          Yes, I can see I believe that it's magic
          If your mission is magic your love will shine true."

Comment

• Den82
            Career Member
            • Jan 17, 2011

My card-fresh DT Luke Skywalker along with the stack of POTF coins and a pretty nice Blue Snaggletooth.

Most recently I sold off my LJN WWF figures. I only "kind of" regret that.

Comment

• The Nawd
              Nawd your head for yes.
              • Feb 15, 2011

All my MEGOs of course.

My McDonald's mego-style (kinda) Ronald McDonald.

My 12" Star Wars figures. I sold all of them over 20 years ago at a flea market. R2-D2, C-3PO, Darth Vader, Chewbacca. I even had a 12" Boba Fett.

Also wish I had kept my Star Wars vehicles and Death Star playset. My mom sold them all at a yard sale along with my 3 3/4 figures when I was 13. Also no longer have the original Star Wars carrying case. Managed to recollect all the small figures I had, loose. I starting buying them back in the mid 1980's and finished in 1999.

To end on a positive note.

I thought this toy was lost for good. Last year I finally got an old die-cast jeep of mine that I had left at my aunt's house back in 1981. It got misplaced and she could never find it. My brothers came across it while helping her move.

Comment

• bp1701a
                Museum Super Collector
                • Aug 27, 2007

Many many years ago, i picked up a mego type figure,It was a little bit bigger than a mego,, it was dressed in a Logans Run outfit, I had it for many years, I then went to AOL (when AOL was all there was) I questioned the figure since I was going to put it on ebay maybe, this gentleman, John bonovita I think was his name, told me not to sell it on ebay, he will pay me $1000 for the Prototype Logans Run figure,, and he would give me an additional $100 to deliver it to I think was rhode Island,I did, we met in a parking lot, it was drizzling out, he inspected the figure under his coat, I swear it looked like a drug deal going down,,,,, I still regret selling that figure to this day,, its on his web site the picture of the figure,I have a picture of it on a floppy disk somewhere,
                I am MEGO CRAZZZYYY !!!

Comment

• Steeler80
                  Mayor of Strunk
                  • Jun 29, 2001

My Shogun Godzilla and Kraken.

Comment

• acrovader
                    Career Member
                    • Jan 19, 2011

Originally posted by MightyMegs
                    I threw away a GI Joe Flagg (because it was missing a few pieces. This was before the internet and Ebay, so I never thought I would find the missing parts). AND a couple Cobra Terror Dromes.
                    I threw out a GI Joe Defiant for practically the same reason. Boy, does that hurt thinking about that...
                    I am more than machine. More than man. More than a fusion of the two.

Comment

• toys2cool
                      Ultimate Mego Warrior
                      • Nov 27, 2006

too much stuff, my mom sold all my megos in 93 at a garage sale for $5 each, 12" Joes for $15 each and I sold my collection of 80's Joes 500+ figures for $150
                      "Time to nut up or shut up" -Tallahassee

http://ultimatewarriorcollection.webs.com/
                      My stuff on facebook Incompatible Browser | Facebook

Comment

• ScottA
                        Original Member
                        • Jun 25, 2001

Johnny West, Sam Cobra, General Custer, GI Joes and helicopter, SMDM, Tin Can Alley and Gunfight at the OK Coral games lost to the yard sale of '75.
                        sigpic WANTED: Boxed, Carded and Kresge Carded WGSH

Comment

• toyman
                          Just Another Collector
                          • Sep 1, 2008

I have a story but it's not about selling them that would make you sick.

Comment

• nazgul
                            Lord of Light
                            • May 2, 2011

A few years ago I decided to sell most of my stuff, I was having a bit of a life crisis at the time. I got rid of alot of stuff that I didn't care about then and really dont care about now. All of that 90's kenner/hasbro Star Wars stuff ( I had just about everything, sealed) and an entire set of the HOF GI Joe 12 inchers. But it's all the other stuff I kinda regret....A complete loose set of Centurions, a complete loose set of Transformers Action Masters, a complete loose set Clash of the Titans toys, complete loose set of Butch and Sundance toys, a near complete set of loose Starcom vehicles, a complete loose set of Masters of the Universe figures and about 75 different vintage carded Star Wars figures (including a 3 pack). There's probably a bunch of other things that I'm forgetting, but these were the things that sting the most.
                            You will always be your child's favorite toy. ~Vicki Lansky

Comment

• Splitty
                              Career Member
                              • Jan 25, 2012

This IS a painful thread.
                              I gots Toyyyyzzzzz

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎