X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • English Paul
    Archive cased.
    • Aug 17, 2005

Questions prompted by Benjamins book.

I'm sure `Worlds Greatest Toys` has opened up many questions to be asked and I thought it would be good to have a thread to fire them off in.

To start I have a quick one regarding Riddler and Penguin and the following quotes....

"Type 2 Penguin figures are scarce compared to Type 1 Penguin figures"

and,

"The Type 2 Riddler is considerably scarcer than the Type 1 Riddler"

Given the above quotes would you put more value on a Type 2 over a Type 1, or is it just one of those things that although is fact, actually has no bearing on value/desirability?
    "I should say I`m very much cleverer than any of the people who put me here. As a matter of fact, I could leave any time I wanted. It`s only a doll`s house after all. Anyway, I don`t mind. I like dolls" - The Mad Hatter, Arkham Asylum.
  • Hulk
    Mayor of Megoville
    • May 10, 2003

These are both common enough that finding the figures in either format is easy enough to find loose. I personally prefer type two figures and was able to easily find both, although Riddler took me more time, so their may be a price differential there, but it isn't prohibitive among loose figures. I won't even attempt to address packaged figures. I suspect there is a larger margin there.

Comment

• Bionic Joe
      Persistent Member
      • Dec 10, 2006

In the end it will boil down to the collecter, if he's willing to pay more for a type2 over a type1 figure,Hulk mentioned he prefers type2 figures and will wait to find one, I on the other hand would take a nice example of a figure on either body type,I have a type2 Prnguin because that happend to be the one i won on E-BAY the seller never said what body type it was, My Riddler is a type1 the sale stated it was a type1 but i didn't care the suit was very nice and the head had no piant rubs and had the orginal belt and for 33.27 i was happy to win it, Most sellers on E-bay never say what body type it is, condition is the most import thing to most buyers, will this change because of Ben's book? I don't think so but you never know, time will tell

Comment

Working...
      😀
      🥰
      🤢
      😎
      😡
      👍
      👎