X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • drmego
    EMCE Toys
    • Jun 15, 2001

Bus from New York to Wheeling

I looked into chartering a party bus from Long Island to Wheeling.

It would hold 30 people and cost $154.00 per person all in.

Is anyone interested? Or is there a better option that doesn't
    involve driving 8-10 hours each way?
    www.drmego.com
    www.megoman.com
    www.emcetoys.com
  • Chris
    Persistent Member
    • Dec 23, 2009

That sounds like a pretty good idea to me. We would have to talk about where we would meet it. I'm a couple miles from Center City Philadelphia. I could literally meet you guys at the on ramp of I-95 South.

The reason I never went to MegoMeet was the whole issue of driving.
    Last edited by Chris; Feb 2, '12, 7:58 AM.
    If a Mego figure of God did not exist, it would be necessary for EMCE to invent him.

Comment

• bobws
      Permanent Member
      • Feb 13, 2008

Sounds pretty good to me , i might be able to go by bus.
      "Hang on Lady... We go for a RIDE!" - Shorty to Willie Scott.Best movie line from Indiana Jones & the Temple Of Doom

Comment

• megoapesnut
        The name says it all!
        • Dec 3, 2007

I'd offer to give someone a ride, but I am planning on riding the Harley there again, so that would get a bit cramped. I take the long scenic route. I gotta remember to use some sun screen this year, though. I had tan spots on my hands for months - from air holes in my gloves. Heckuva farmer's tan too!

Comment

• LonnieFisher
          Eloquent Member
          • Jan 19, 2008

Originally posted by megoapesnut
          I'd offer to give someone a ride, but I am planning on riding the Harley there again, so that would get a bit cramped. I take the long scenic route. I gotta remember to use some sun screen this year, though. I had tan spots on my hands for months - from air holes in my gloves. Heckuva farmer's tan too!
          I'd be willing to ride on the back of the Harley, if you could pick me up in Oregon...

Comment

• samurainoir
            Eloquent Member
            • Dec 26, 2006

Mego Suite on Wheels sounds like great fun!

Canada might be too much of a detour for you guys though.
            My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!

Comment

• megoapesnut
              The name says it all!
              • Dec 3, 2007

Originally posted by LonnieFisher
              I'd be willing to ride on the back of the Harley, if you could pick me up in Oregon...
              That would be a heckuva detour. Talk about a scenic route!

Comment

• Chris
                Persistent Member
                • Dec 23, 2009

Originally posted by megoapesnut
                I'd offer to give someone a ride, but I am planning on riding the Harley there again, so that would get a bit cramped.
                Is your Harley customized to look like the MEGO Batcycle? I can handle the sidecar.
                If a Mego figure of God did not exist, it would be necessary for EMCE to invent him.

Comment

• megoapesnut
                  The name says it all!
                  • Dec 3, 2007

Originally posted by Chris
                  Is your Harley customized to look like the MEGO Batcycle? I can handle the sidecar.
                  No, unfortunately not. Here's a pic of it. In fact, I took this pic while on my way to Mego Meet last year.

Comment

• drmego
                    EMCE Toys
                    • Jun 15, 2001

Okay, so I guess no one is interested in the bus idea - I tried.

Now I have to figure out which is less painful - 10 hours in a car
                    with my kids or a plane to Pittsburgh.
                    www.drmego.com
                    www.megoman.com
                    www.emcetoys.com

Comment

• stabilio
                      Persistent Member
                      • Feb 10, 2002

I'd have done this but I also didn't think there was a remote chance of getting that number of people involved to do it.

Something I'm looking into possibly doing this year is Megabus. They have many hubs so this wouldn't be limited to just the NY area - I know they have hubs in Toronto, DC and Philly for example that go to Pittsburgh. But anyway just to give people an idea of what it is. The NY bus runs from Penn Station in NYC to Pittsburgh. Free Wifi on the bus and they are not overly cramped seats (I've taken this bus from NY to Baltimore). You'd still have to get yourself from Pittsburgh to Wheeling.

The way they work is that they put tickets for the bus on sale in advance - they recently opened up the dates for June. And the prices start super low - as of today, I could book a bus to and from Pittsburgh for $5 each way (each way 400+ miles). The prices increase as the date gets closer. You can check it out at megabus.com

I'm strongly leaning towards taking the bus from NY to Pittsburgh and back for 10 bucks roundtrip and renting a car from Pittsburgh for a few days to get to Wheeling and back. I think I'll just buy bus tickets now regardless and even if I don't end up doing that its just 10 bucks lost.

Comment

• samurainoir
                        Eloquent Member
                        • Dec 26, 2006

I've taken the megabus from Toronto to the buffalo airport and recommend it given how cheap it is.
                        My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!

Comment

• garagesale
                          Dept. of Mego Studies
                          • Aug 8, 2006

Originally posted by drmego
                          Okay, so I guess no one is interested in the bus idea - I tried.

Now I have to figure out which is less painful - 10 hours in a car
                          with my kids or a plane to Pittsburgh.
                          Doc:

Thanks for trying. Would have been fun and economical, but of course a big detour for me.

JamesD

http://www.libarts.uco.edu/english/adjunct/dolph/

THANKS!

Comment

• johnmiic
                            Adrift
                            • Sep 6, 2002

What's wrong with you people?!?!? The chance to ride in a MEGO Party Bus with Dr.Mego and have him captive and all to yourselves for 7 hours? To be able to ask him any question about Mego and Dr.Mego Repros you can think of? To hear all his stories and get insider info on upcoming releases of EMCE toys?!?!? What more incentive do you need? Everyone in the NY/NJ/CT/PA area who was ever on the fence to go to Mego Meet should be tripping over themselves to go this year!

Comment

• drmego
                              EMCE Toys
                              • Jun 15, 2001

megabus

Ron,

That was what I was looking for - if a group of us all book the same
                              bus - we can rent a van together in Pittsburgh and drive to Wheeling.

Originally posted by stabilio
                              I'd have done this but I also didn't think there was a remote chance of getting that number of people involved to do it.

Something I'm looking into possibly doing this year is Megabus. They have many hubs so this wouldn't be limited to just the NY area - I know they have hubs in Toronto, DC and Philly for example that go to Pittsburgh. But anyway just to give people an idea of what it is. The NY bus runs from Penn Station in NYC to Pittsburgh. Free Wifi on the bus and they are not overly cramped seats (I've taken this bus from NY to Baltimore). You'd still have to get yourself from Pittsburgh to Wheeling.

The way they work is that they put tickets for the bus on sale in advance - they recently opened up the dates for June. And the prices start super low - as of today, I could book a bus to and from Pittsburgh for $5 each way (each way 400+ miles). The prices increase as the date gets closer. You can check it out at megabus.com

I'm strongly leaning towards taking the bus from NY to Pittsburgh and back for 10 bucks roundtrip and renting a car from Pittsburgh for a few days to get to Wheeling and back. I think I'll just buy bus tickets now regardless and even if I don't end up doing that its just 10 bucks lost.
                              www.drmego.com
                              www.megoman.com
                              www.emcetoys.com

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎