PDA

View Full Version : Classic TV Toys

Action Martin
Jan 1, '08, 9:49 AM
What's the deal with this company? Are they reliable if you order from their online shop? Anyone have problems with them or anything?

jacsfc
Jan 1, '08, 10:09 AM
i have ordered from them dozens of times and never had any problems myself.

joe

megocrazy
Jan 1, '08, 1:20 PM
I also have ordered from them numerous times, but I pick my orders up cuz they're only about 25 minutes away. Had a knight figure that was broken but they exchanged it when I picked up my next order without question. Would have been more of a pain if I had to ship it back though. Bodies are crappy, but if you put em on mego bodies they're fine.

raider5gt
Jan 1, '08, 1:21 PM
They dont ship to the UK :cry:

Action Martin
Jan 1, '08, 3:40 PM
Why are there bodies so crappy?

Meule
Jan 1, '08, 4:10 PM

Order from Joe or Paul :wink_y:

Hulk
Jan 1, '08, 5:49 PM
Order from Joe. my website has been pretty much De-CTVT-ized (with the exception of some Tex Willers). I will selectively be selling off stuff in marketplace this year once I catch up on all my parts orders.

raider5gt
Jan 1, '08, 6:09 PM
Order from Joe or Paul :wink_y:

Thanks Meule,just orderd Kirk&Klingon form Paul (thanks Hulk we got there in the end):yes:

Will have a look on Joe's store,they got some on the Bay shipping $25 for 4 figures,dont know if thats cheap?Thanks again for the info.:smiley13:

Action Martin
Jan 2, '08, 7:49 AM
Can anyone tell me why they think the bodies are so crappy?

The Kryptonite Kid
Jan 2, '08, 9:38 AM
My experience would tell you they are crappy because the legs tend to freeze in an I have to take a major leak sort of stance, and the hands and feet tend to break very easily. I do use them quite a bit though since I am broke and have many customs on my plate. If I had it my way I would use the Doc's bodies for every custom. CTVT's heads are really good for customizing though, along with their clothing. just some of my experience, hope it helps :smile: Will

ctc
Jan 2, '08, 10:57 AM
>Can anyone tell me why they think the bodies are so crappy?

-Cheap plastic. Some of it's better than others; later bodies are pretty good, and the glow ones were about as good as an original Mego bod. There's also a lot of flash on the parts, and they get some breaks and cracks during assembly. Feet and hands broken at the joint are fairly common. Again; later ones are better, and different coloured ones seem to have fared better overall. (No problems with the glow ones.)

-they tend to do the pee-pee dance. The legs cross. I'm pretty sure it's 'cos of the metal fixtures: they bend over time (they're really soft metal) resulting in the pose. I've taken the hip joint right out of a few, pushed a rod through the hip and restrung like a T1 Mego bod. Fixes the problem.

Overall; if you're a customizer and don't mind doing some work they're okay for the price. If you're looking for high quality figures you're better off taking the head and outfit and putting them on an original Mego, or Doc Mego bod.

Don C.

Action Martin
Jan 2, '08, 11:00 AM
I see. Thanks guys. I've been considering buying one of their "JJ" figures (Jet Jungle). They aren't charging too much so I guess if it breaks or something, it won't be a huge loss.

megocrazy
Jan 2, '08, 11:06 AM
Put the JJ on a T-1 body. The shirt is kinda tight for a T-2. Looks really good when it's done though.

Action Martin
Jan 2, '08, 11:08 AM
Please forgive my "newbie-ism". Should I track down an original T-1 or buy a repro?

YANOULI
Jan 2, '08, 12:00 PM

Yes they do, i had an order from them at the beginning of December and i've just placed another.

They won't ship to the UK if you buy off Ebay.

bonkers head
Jan 2, '08, 12:44 PM
Yes they do, i had an order from them at the beginning of December and i've just placed another.

They won't ship to the UK if you buy off Ebay.

Is that direct from there website ? What was the postage like was it reasonable ?Is there a minimum spend ?:smile:

megocrazy
Jan 2, '08, 1:00 PM
Please forgive my "newbie-ism". Should I track down an original T-1 or buy a repro?

Original. There isn't a T-1 repro. T-1 has the rivets in the wrists, knees, and elbows. They use a thinner less muscular upper torso so it's easier to put on the JJ suit from CTVT. It runs a bit small as compared to original mego stuff. Doc's Parker sweater is also like this, it fits well on a T-1 but is snug on a T-2. Since you're going repro he actually looks good with either black or white boots. Black are the ones the original figure came with if you wanna be exact.

davidb
Jan 2, '08, 1:52 PM
I've actually had mixed results from CTVT. I picked up a complete set of the Married with Children figures and had zero problems. I picked up some custom fodder from their website (including the Series 3 Space 1999 figures) and had all sorts of problems. Companion and Sandra Benes were fine (apart from the open seams on Benes's legs). I basically touched the Number 8 and his leg fell off. I picked up Tony Verdeschi and tried to pose him - pop, one leg falls off. Tried to get it back on and the other leg snapped off, leaving Tony as a disembodied torso.

censy
Jan 2, '08, 2:07 PM
Welcome aboard.

I wanted to share my two cents on CTVT.

I bought a few of their Merry Men and they came quickly and look great. I can't speak to the durability of the plastic, as I leave them displayed in their boxes.

Good luck.

Chris

Action Martin
Jan 2, '08, 5:08 PM
Thanks everyone. I wound up ordering a Jet Jungle repro along with an extra head and uniform.

Meule
Jan 2, '08, 7:31 PM
-they tend to do the pee-pee dance. The legs cross. I'm pretty sure it's 'cos of the metal fixtures: they bend over time (they're really soft metal) resulting in the pose.

I think the problem here is mainly the rubber bands being just a little bit shorter and thus putting too much strain and pulling too hard on the arms and legs, which results in the "I gotta pee" look

YANOULI
Jan 2, '08, 8:01 PM
Is that direct from there website ? What was the postage like was it reasonable ?Is there a minimum spend ?:smile:

Yeah, from the website. I don't think there's a minimum spend but i ordered quite alot of stuff.
I went for the airmail postage and it was about $15-$20 ( 7.50-10 )but that depends on the weight of the order.

bonkers head
Jan 3, '08, 4:28 AM
Yeah, from the website. I don't think there's a minimum spend but i ordered quite alot of stuff.
I went for the airmail postage and it was about $15-$20 ( 7.50-10 )but that depends on the weight of the order.

Cheers, will look in to placing an order. :yeah:

raider5gt
Jan 3, '08, 10:09 AM

Thanks for that mate,i will have a look on there website.

Psychopath
Jan 3, '08, 11:36 AM
the only problem you might find is broken figures when they arrive, I always have had 1 or 2 when buying loose figures from them. the customer service sucks, so you might have a problem getting replacements. and if they forget to pack something with your order they will only send it out with your next order. still waiting for 2 figures they forgot last summer.

Action Martin
Jan 3, '08, 11:40 AM
When I placed my order the other day I wasn't even given an option for shipping. They said there were shipping options but there weren't. Then when I made my purchase final they said "you chose FedEx shipping for $8.00". Not that I mind FedEx or UPS as they are both better for me than the USPS but don't advertise shipping options when you don't offer them.

MegoGeekJr
Jan 3, '08, 1:05 PM
Put the JJ on a T-1 body. The shirt is kinda tight for a T-2. Looks really good when it's done though.

I know, I have my jet right now in a Type 1 body, but in the jungle, he got his hand broken.
Now, a new mego will come out of pain and sorrow!

bonkers head
Jan 5, '08, 11:37 AM
OK placed an order with them ,e mailed to make sure went OK picked airmail option on shipping. Got emailed back to say order will be posted on Monday. Fingers crossed everything arrives in one piece .:please_y:

Action Martin
Jan 5, '08, 1:03 PM
My Jet Jungle arrived today. He was shipped via USPS Priority Mail for $4, not via FedEx $8. I'm a little peeved. Jet does look cool though. As his legs are super tight. I can see what you all mean by the eventual pee-pee dance.

SeattleEd
Jan 11, '08, 3:23 PM
I got my CTVT order today and I must say I am quite happy.
I ordered a body with clothes and a glow in the dark body as well as some other accessories. I really like the bodies.
On top of that, they sent me a broken body with glow in the dark monster hands for free.
I can see why the early bodies broke. Cheap plastic but for the newer bodies, they look pretty rigid. The $8 shipping was worth since I got the package in 3 days.
Now I'm just awaiting my Doc Mego order and still waiting for MegoStore order.
Just curious, what's the average wait time for an order at MegoStore? Haven't received my November order yet. I got my DVDs in a few days but the figures parts I ordered haven't shown up.

kept back
Jan 11, '08, 7:05 PM
I have received orders from Megostore.com in as little as 10 days. I have also received orders from the Megostore in as long as 6 months. All I can say is Joe DeRouen@Megostore does always come through. It just sometimes takes awhile.

SeattleEd
Jan 11, '08, 8:09 PM
Thanks a ton.
I realize he is busy and will come through. I've been assured from you as well as other forumites.

Gotta love this place.
Cheers!

bonkers head
Jan 12, '08, 10:21 AM
Got my order from CTVT ,was ordered on the 5th and arrived today 12th very fast shipping .Nothing broken :smile: I am very pleased with the jet jungle figure .In all a very professional company to deal with. Thanks Yanouli for the info on ordering.

YANOULI
Jan 12, '08, 12:12 PM
Glad to help.

I put a 3 JJ outfits on original Mego T2 bodies and they are fine, not tight at all.