Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Six Million Dollar Man experts... a red Bionic Transport?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MightyMegs
    Veteran Member
    • Jan 5, 2009

Six Million Dollar Man experts... a red Bionic Transport?

I'm wondering if this was ever released in the wild. It's in the Kenner Toy Fair catalog, and the back of the Biosonic Steve Austin box (though it's prob the same pic). It looks like everything that was blue plastic on the Bionic Transport, is now a dark red. Anyone seen one of these?

In any case, I know what my next custom paint project is going to be....
  • kennermike
    Permanent Member
    • Nov 4, 2007

Originally posted by MightyMegs
    I'm wondering if this was ever released in the wild. It's in the Kenner Toy Fair catalog, and the back of the Biosonic Steve Austin box (though it's prob the same pic). It looks like everything that was blue plastic on the Bionic Transport, is now a dark red. Anyone seen one of these?

In any case, I know what my next custom paint project is going to be....
    I dont think that Red Bionic Transport was ever produced? probably a prototype for Kenner to take pictures of for the 1978 catalog. I smell someone making a Custom of it though?.But as for Biosonic Steve oh yeah baby he's legit!
    Last edited by kennermike; Jan 31, '12, 6:55 PM.

Comment

• MIB41
      Eloquent Member
      • Sep 25, 2005

^^^ I agree with Mike. I think that is just a prototype piece for that shot.

Comment

• MightyMegs
        Veteran Member
        • Jan 5, 2009

I wonder if it was a planned release, and then dropped when the line's sales tanked.

I bet some Kenner employee's kid ended up with it... and it's buried in a Cincinnati landfill now.
        Last edited by MightyMegs; Jan 31, '12, 7:30 PM.

Comment

• MIB41
          Eloquent Member
          • Sep 25, 2005

Well if you look at that picture, it's just the console piece on the transport, which is not a very big piece at all. The Transport ITSELF is still basically white.

Comment

• MightyMegs
            Veteran Member
            • Jan 5, 2009

Originally posted by MIB41
            Well if you look at that picture, it's just the console piece on the transport, which is not a very big piece at all. The Transport ITSELF is still basically white.
            The arm that holds the magnifying glass/rocket base is red too... that's why I asked about 'everything blue on the Transport now being red'. Depending on how the mold-share is laid out, if you change the color of one piece, you have to change them all.
            Last edited by MightyMegs; Jan 31, '12, 8:54 PM.

Comment

Working...
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎