Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Buck Rogers property not dead yet...maybe there's hope?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • enyawd72
    Maker of Monsters!
    • Oct 1, 2009

Buck Rogers property not dead yet...maybe there's hope?

I just found out some great news!

Universal just re-released the first season of Buck Rogers in all new packaging on DVD this past week!
    For them to have gone back into production and design new packaging, maybe the company considering taking over the ZICA line will notice!

There's obviously some demand here.
  • MIB41
    Eloquent Member
    • Sep 25, 2005

Awesome news! I sure hope your right! Fingers and toes crossed.

Comment

• kennermike
      Permanent Member
      • Nov 4, 2007

yeah I know about the re-release of the first season on January 24th on single sided DVD ,but I know for a fact Universal re-released this because the Box Set double sided complete series that was released in in 2004 had tons of defects ,pixalization ,freezing,skipping among others , alot of angry customers .Universal re-released only the first season for a whopping $19.99which makes no sense? since you can get the entire Box series for like $ 10 bucks and you might get lucky and find defect free box set.I hope its a sign for demand? but I think its more just Universal trying to fix a problem they have had for the last 8 years.The Battlestar Galactica The Complete Epic series Box sets released in 2003-04 have the same problems I have heard
      Last edited by kennermike; Jan 30, '12, 1:24 PM.

Comment

• bgiles73
        Veteran Member
        • Apr 14, 2010

Look at this pic of Sylvestor Stallone from Diamond Select Toy's Toy Fair display. Recognize the body? Boots? Sword?.......Not wanting to start rumors, but could DST possibly be the company negotiating for the Buck Rogers license and Z-Body phase 1?

Expendables - ToyFair 2012

Comment

• Mego-Amigo
          Persistent Member
          • Jun 22, 2011

Craig confirmed that it is.

Comment

• Mefiboschet
            Career Member
            • Nov 29, 2003

I was hoping, that maybe at ToyFair 2012 the continuation of the BR figure line would be announced. Would be fantastic, if DST picks it up.

Comment

• Chris
              Persistent Member
              • Dec 23, 2009

Some of the unproduced Buck protypes can be seen in the MegoMeet thread. These figures have to get made. They are unreal.
              If a Mego figure of God did not exist, it would be necessary for EMCE to invent him.

Comment

• Thor
                Thunder God
                • Dec 17, 2009

Originally posted by kennermike
                yeah I know about the re-release of the first season on January 24th on single sided DVD ,but I know for a fact Universal re-released this because the Box Set double sided complete series that was released in in 2004 had tons of defects ,pixalization ,freezing,skipping among others , alot of angry customers .Universal re-released only the first season for a whopping $19.99which makes no sense? since you can get the entire Box series for like $ 10 bucks and you might get lucky and find defect free box set.I hope its a sign for demand? but I think its more just Universal trying to fix a problem they have had for the last 8 years.The Battlestar Galactica The Complete Epic series Box sets released in 2003-04 have the same problems I have heard
                My thought exactly. I have not had any prblems with my old set either.
                sigpic

"I've seen things you wouldn't believe."

- Roy Batty

Comment

• New Chicago
                  • Sep 29, 2010

When they first come out, I ordered the complete series from Amazon and the set was defective, so they sent me a replacement. Same problem. They would not send a third, so I did without until about 2008/9 when I picked the set up for $20 at Walmart. That set was fine, but at the same time I despise double-sided DVDs. The new release is identical and nothing is new - same menu and previews.

Comment

• Mefiboschet
                    Career Member
                    • Nov 29, 2003

I saw the following quote by DrMego over in the EMCE forum:
                    Originally posted by drmego
                    The Stallone figure is on a Buck Rogers body - DST is taking over the Buck Rogers
                    license and the tooling for the 8 inch body came with it - along with all the unsold
                    figures.
                    This sounds like the deal is confirmed. Is that so or is it still pending?

Comment

• ZICA
                      Persistent Member
                      • May 7, 2006

Originally posted by Mefiboschet
                      I saw the following quote by DrMego over in the EMCE forum:

This sounds like the deal is confirmed. Is that so or is it still pending?
                      It's still pending.

Comment

• Mefiboschet
                        Career Member
                        • Nov 29, 2003

Originally posted by ZICA
                        It's still pending.
                        Too bad!

Comment

• Teemu
                          Persistent Member
                          • Dec 15, 2010

I honestly don't see the Buck Rogers line continueing

DST have the Zica bodies now to use on their own licensed products,the BR License is pending which could just go right into limbo anyway and never be used..

Comment

• ZICA
                            Persistent Member
                            • May 7, 2006

Originally posted by Teemu
                            I honestly don't see the Buck Rogers line continueing

DST have the Zica bodies now to use on their own licensed products,the BR License is pending which could just go right into limbo anyway and never be used..
                            The body tooling is part of the buyout deal. If the deal doesn't happen with DST they won't have the ZICA bodies to use.

Comment

Working...
                            😀
                            🥰
                            🤢
                            😎
                            😡
                            👍
                            👎